Sign in to follow this  
Bernhard777

Overlapping voice-files at engine start

Hello,I have a small problem with the voices:When starting the engines on the main fs2crew-panel I see "engine start 3".Then I click the green button and I hear: "starting enigine 3", "ready", "15 %", "fuel on" at the same time. It is not played one by one, it is played at the same time.Starting engine 1 is ok........all voice-commands are played in regulary order with the correct pauses between the single voice-files..But again with engine 2 I have the same problems, that the voice-files are played at the same time.This happens not every time I use fs2crew. Some time it works as planned, the other time the strange overlapping of the voice-files happens.I don't use keyboard- or joystick buttons for the green/red button, instead I use the mouse to click on the green/red button on the fs2crew-main-panel.I have FSX and have the latest fs2crew-patch.Can someone help me? All other things in fs2crew work without problems.Bernhard

Hello,I have a small problem with the voices:When starting the engines on the main fs2crew-panel I see "engine start 3".Then I click the green button and I hear: "starting enigine 3", "ready", "15 %", "fuel on" at the same time. It is not played one by one, it is played at the same time.Starting engine 1 is ok........all voice-commands are played in regulary order with the correct pauses between the single voice-files..But again with engine 2 I have the same problems, that the voice-files are played at the same time.This happens not every time I use fs2crew. Some time it works as planned, the other time the strange overlapping of the voice-files happens.I don't use keyboard- or joystick buttons for the green/red button, instead I use the mouse to click on the green/red button on the fs2crew-main-panel.I have FSX and have the latest fs2crew-patch.Can someone help me? All other things in fs2crew work without problems.Bernhard
Was engine 3 already running before you tried starting it? It almost sounds like it.

Hello Bryan,of course engine 3 was not running! I started from a cold&dark panel-state.Bernhard
Confirm the fuel lever was at idle before engine start. It probably was, but double check anyway.Other than that, I'll suggest trying to reproduce at another airport.Do you know if the whole sim seems to hang for a few seconds around the time you start the engines?See if you can reproduce why it only happens sometimes, but not all the time.Cheers,

Fuel lever were at idle.It does'nt depend on the airport.No hanging at engine start.I cannot reproduce when it works and when not.When I load the MD11 it is in a ready-to-fly panel-state. Then I load a cold&dark panel-state. If I change then to outside-view I see that the fans are still rotating. I wait for so long until they stop rotating. Then I make preflight-checks and so on and I start engine 3. And bang........4 voice-files play at the same time.At the moment I'm really clueless.I tried so much...loading in 2D panel.....loading a MS-standard aircraft before...then change to MD11............make my own start-situation-file with MD11 in cold&dark. To be honest, I will not search any more, why this happens just to me.Bernhard

It's long shot, but try loading the Cessna first before loading the MD-11.Sometimes loading a default plane first helps ensure everything initializes in the correct order.Other than that, I have no idea. The randomness makes it tough.

Which sound card so you have and what level of acceleration is it set to? Which operating system?banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Well It is also happening to me as well. I tried an uninstall then reinstall and it worked. Everything is back to normal again.

Well It is also happening to me as well. I tried an uninstall then reinstall and it worked. Everything is back to normal again.
Well, there you go...Try uninstalling and re-installing.Sometimes doing that can cure weird gremlins...Cheers,

Well bad news is its started all over again today. It worked for 1 flight then when I came home today it did the same thing again. It is also messing up the "Thrust Set" call during take-off then I hit "auto-thrust" and it spots off like 4 phrases then goes as normal. I don't get it :( help I really don't want to have to install uninstall time and time again.

Well bad news is its started all over again today. It worked for 1 flight then when I came home today it did the same thing again. It is also messing up the "Thrust Set" call during take-off then I hit "auto-thrust" and it spots off like 4 phrases then goes as normal. I don't get it :( help I really don't want to have to install uninstall time and time again.
Personally, I don't see how reinstalling would have made much a different, but when you're dealing with computers sometimes you never know.If you haven't done so already, I'd re-install your sound drivers. Maybe adjust your DX sound hardware acceleration slider.

Personally, I don't see how reinstalling would have made much a different, but when you're dealing with computers sometimes you never know.If you haven't done so already, I'd re-install your sound drivers. Maybe adjust your DX sound hardware acceleration slider.
Uninstall and reinstall of FS2Crew or the complete PMDG MD11 does not help.New sound driver and adjusting sound hardware acceleration will also not change anything. I tried that all by myself before, but the overlapping voices at engine start are still there. By the way I have no problems with the "Thrust set call" like Curt says.But I found a workaround for my starting problems: if I pull the 3 starter knobs and push them back immeditly after a second and after that cklicking on the green button (showing engine start 3) the voices play in the correct order. So it seems that the problems must have something to do with the starter knobs.Bernhard

Uninstall and reinstall of FS2Crew or the complete PMDG MD11 does not help.New sound driver and adjusting sound hardware acceleration will also not change anything. I tried that all by myself before, but the overlapping voices at engine start are still there. By the way I have no problems with the "Thrust set call" like Curt says.But I found a workaround for my starting problems: if I pull the 3 starter knobs and push them back immeditly after a second and after that cklicking on the green button (showing engine start 3) the voices play in the correct order. So it seems that the problems must have something to do with the starter knobs.Bernhard
Sorry if you already tried this, but try loading the Cessna first, shutting down the mags and pulling the mixture to idle cutoff, then load the MD-11.That will ensure everything loads "cleanly".

I tried the Cessna trick and it seems to be working. Is there going to be any update that will prevent us from having to load a cessna first? Just a thought. The "Thrust set" issue was purely on my end. Hard to believe I'm an actually commercial pilot. I was totally forgetting that you spoil up the engines to get a stable reading at 75% N1 and then hit the green button for "auto throttle" :)