Sign in to follow this  
gman!

Having Black or White Screens in FSX?

Guest 413X3

What was your decision to max your frames at 26? Why not unlimited? I suffer this issue too in vista x64 and will try the zero setting right now

What was your decision to max your frames at 26? Why not unlimited? I suffer this issue too in vista x64 and will try the zero setting right now
You need to establish your computer max capabilities. In my case, I created a custom scenario (dusk, rain, fog, Manhattan X, FS DreamTeam Kennedy, VC + LevelD) where I will take off from KJFK and go over Manhattan X and do several turns. I will then use that info to see what my current hardware capabilies are. Mine, is about 21. that is, the ABSOLUTE minimum FPS I will get under extreme, VERY EXTREME conditions.After you determine you MINIMUN FPS, you then calculate at 'which' FPS you feel enough smoothness. and you make sure, that this number is not more than 5-6 FPS away from the MINIMUN your computer can handle. Why? simply to avoid 'transition jumps' Transition jumps is going from a 60FPS area to a 21 FPS airport/city. you don't want that.. you want smoothness all the way during a full CAT II ILS. just try to hand fly and follow needles at 60FPS and then doing so at 20 and tell me if it feels ok to you ;)

Guest 413X3

I don't get why I see 8-12 fps in the virtual cockpit of a PMDG 747, I don't run any Ai traffic. Granted my sliders are very high, but Is a Core2 3ghz just not powerful enough? I have a GTX285 video card and 4gb of ram on vista x64. Even on a default airport on the ground it brings my system to its knees. In the air is better but a little jumpy here and there.

When speaaking of black and white textures we are laso talking about loss of aircraft textures right?Whats the deal with this then, 0 or low for bufferpool setting?

Guest 413X3

I set it to zero and it didn't help, still get black screens when going into the menus and changing views.

Guest jasonaerts

Bufferpools=0 setting ran great for about 1 min, then frame lock with flashing textures... was still able to exit normally via ESC key.To bad really... was looking forward to some smooth sailing (aka flying) ;)

Same on my side. Test flight @ dawn KJFK - KLGA visual approach for runway 13 over Manhattan.For the test - PMDG MD-11, Aerosoft Manhattan, Ground Env X USA, ASA w. online weather, MyTraffic 2010, Bufferpools=0Frame rates - between 13/15-20/25During the approach the aircraft outer skin was already missing and here are the images what I got after landing.Right after that Alt+Ent took me to the BSOD .........Here are the images of that>>

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Set it your bufferpools to 500KBs or lower Poolsize=500000.Usually 300Kbs works (Poozsize=300000)

Set it your bufferpools to 500KBs or lower Poolsize=500000.Usually 300Kbs works (Poozsize=300000)
Here is the SitRep:No matter what I do (Bufferpools, Drivers, CPU overclock, lowering FSX settings, editing FSX.cfg file, etc.) when I put a complex aircraft in a very complex scenery (say the new Chicago City and O'Hare airport) and my frame rates drop to about 10FPS I know, I am about to experience the BSOD or graphic corruption. If it is dusk or dawn I am still not safe staying in the cockpit because at ambient light change I am loosing the base cockpit textures... On the other hand the Bufferpools set at about 300,000>500,000 give me steady FPS at about 15-25 in other add-on but not so busy areas. I can perform flight there (still add on scenery with add on textures and add on traffic) without a glitch and menu switching and Alt+Ent...Fix might be the DX10 preview. I tried it and never experiensed the BSOD even over Manhattan. It brings other issues though but the system and FSX runs very stable///

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I wonder how many of the people posting here use nHancer... do all of you setting PoolSize to 0 use nHancer?

Guest jasonaerts

I am using Nhancer, and Poolsize=0 did not work well for me, fsx crashed within a minute flying out from KSEA.What other addons are people using here.. as ive had similar screens as "Skypirate" posted above without any tweaking to the CFG, after a quick flight from KSEA -> KPDX using the PMDG-MD11.Im pretty sure for me at least it was an issue that REX seems to cause as i never see it when i restore default textures.Currently running FSX/AccelerationGEXUTXREXPerhaps Nhancer isnt playing well with the W7 nvidia drivers?

Perhaps Nhancer isnt playing well with the W7 nvidia drivers?
Would you try NOT using nHancer?Make sure you use the latest nVidia drivers, and leave all default settings. Also, set Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing INSIDE FSX. After this try PoolSize=0 again.

Guest jasonaerts
Would you try NOT using nHancer?Make sure you use the latest nVidia drivers, and leave all default settings. Also, set Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing INSIDE FSX. After this try PoolSize=0 again.
Ok so i gave this a shot, uninstalled nhancer reset nvidia drivers to default set FSX for AA, and AF.FSX looked pretty icky like this but i was willing to continue testing... i flew around Seattle for about 15mins performance was ok, but no different then leaving the .cfg to its default settings.After 15mins seeing similar performance that i get with nhancer and far worse visual quality i decided to quit out of fsx at which time my display adapter quit working and my monitor went into wait mode... had to do a hard reset to get things back to normal.. for me at least i think its safe to say Bufferpools=0 does not work.cheers

Guest 413X3

I still cannot enter the menus, or change views often. But that is OK. WIth those settings I do not get the textures disappearing as long as I stay out of the menus. The sim runs stable even at lower fps with bufferpools at 300.