Sign in to follow this  
Guest shutock

JS4100 Issue

Guest shutock

I have been experiencing a problem with the JS4100. After a flawless flight of about 250 miles (No small feat - it's a challenge to master this aircraft!) I landed successfully, used thrust reverse/spoilers, brought the throttles back to flight idle and the condition levers back to taxi and pulled off the runway. After stopping briefly, I proceeded forward, only to have the right engine burst into flames. This is the second time this has happened - the first time I was taxiing having just started up. Any idea what might be causing this problem?

Please sign your full name in this forum.Condition in taxi? When the the fire start? On increase in power? How much torque were you demanding? Are you using a game controller or using the F1-F4 keys to control throttle?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi ?As the thread may get locked (you have not signed your post with your name).The only time this happened to me was after doing everything that you have done, but I returned the condition levers back to the taxi position before the engines had had a little time to stabilise after having full reverse applied.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson

Guest shutock

Jim, You may have the answer - you mentioned this happened to you when you returned the condition levers back to the taxi position before the engines had had time to stabilise after having full reverse applied. I had pulled the condition levers to taxi immediately after bringing thrust levers from reverse to flight idle, so that may explain the fire, which started seconds after I did this. I had used just enough thrust to move the aircraft forward after stopping. I'm using CH Products yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals for control.Thanks all for the assistance. I REALLY like the JS4100 - It's addictive! Mark R. Shutock

Don't be in a hurry to move them to taxi, I usually wait until I'm clear of the active.The lower rpm means less air flow and higher temps in the turbine. Gotta be careful not to decrease the air flow before as Jim says it's stablized.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest shutock
Don't be in a hurry to move them to taxi, I usually wait until I'm clear of the active.The lower rpm means less air flow and higher temps in the turbine. Gotta be careful not to decrease the air flow before as Jim says it's stablized.
Thanks for the tip Dan - I'll be sure to hold off on moving to taxi.Cheers,Mark R. Shutock