Sign in to follow this  
gman1986

Craid Read tutorial

Hi there people,In Craig Reads tutorial EGLL-KLAX he say about inputting the PAX weights in manually. How do I do this with the pmdg load manager as it only gives me a few options of 1/3, 2/3 and so on?

Gavin Price

Click on the seat spots to toggle them filled/empty.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay. I figured out that 2/3 full was the correct selection. Now I have another hicup with the tutorial. I'm following it in FSX and I'm assuming it was originally done for FS9 because when I go through the first stages of turning the electrical systems on using the cold and dark cockpit file that I download with the tutorial, the eicas panel won't come on, whereas if I use the cold and dark setting that was installed with pmdg 747x the Eicas screen comes on fine using the same startup. Can somone who runs the pmdg 747 on fsx give this tutorial startup a whirl using the panel state files that come with the tutorial. Thanks

Gavin Price

I was just thinking about something regarding the 747/MD11 load managers. Is it possible (in the PMDG world) to load a plane in a way that would make it aerodynamically impossible to fly? For example, loading all the passengers and cargo in the front of the aircraft and leaving the rear empty. Would the load manager recognize this and come back with some sort of msg requiring a redistribution of the weights? Or, would I just get an elevator trim amount to allow the plane to operate?

I believe you would get a CG out of range, at least on the MD-11.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier