Sign in to follow this  
Ugo

PMDG_MD11_Tail_Right_LT and PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_LT

Good Evening Folks, I finished a repaint for MD-11, and it's all ok apart this two files i've posted in the topic title:PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_LT and PMDG_MD11_Tail_Right_LTThe aircraft during day is perfect, with this two files i saved exactly as PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_T and PMDG_MD11_Tail_Right_T (same paintings and format DTX5), because when i look at them in a PMDG Livery, they seem to me exactly identical!But during night when the "Tail's Light" is turning on, the tail is the same brillant as it is during the day, :( How can I resolve my problem? What is my error in saving theese two files?Thanks to all....

Good Evening Folks, I finished a repaint for MD-11, and it's all ok apart this two files i've posted in the topic title:PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_LT and PMDG_MD11_Tail_Right_LTThe aircraft during day is perfect, with this two files i saved exactly as PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_T and PMDG_MD11_Tail_Right_T (same paintings and format DTX5), because when i look at them in a PMDG Livery, they seem to me exactly identical!But during night when the "Tail's Light" is turning on, the tail is the same brillant as it is during the day, :( How can I resolve my problem? What is my error in saving theese two files?Thanks to all....
UGO, please sign your full name to posts in this forum per forum rules and I will gladly explain exactly what your problem is :)(you can add your name to your sig as well, like mine)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

UGO, please sign your full name to posts in this forum per forum rules and I will gladly explain exactly what your problem is :)(you can add your name to your sig as well, like mine)
I'm so sorry for the misunderstending, i add my full name in my signature, i hope now it is correct, thanks for your help, waiting for you

Thanks Stefano, no harm done, just trying to be helpful so this post doesn't get locked :( I'll assume from the format your saving, this livery is for FSX. I also am not sure which paint program your using.You do not have an alpha channel, or at least one that is correct. You can make your own, but it's probably easier to explain this way:

• Go into your channels for your PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_LT.dds and delete the Alpha1 channel.
  • Chances are it's all white, so it is being all lit.
  • Opening an existing xx_tail_right or left_LT file (it doesn't matter) and drag and drop it's Alpha channel into your image. If your using Photoshop, hold Shift while doing this will ensure it is perfectly aligned (if not just align it manually).
  • Save as DXT5 as you've already done.
  • Buy me a beer, I'm thirsty :)

Haha, ok well you don't need to buy me a beer, but you should be all set now. Enjoy your new paint!If this doesn't make sense then tell me what programs your using and I will try to explain a method you can use.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks Stefano, I'll assume from the format your saving, this livery is for FSX. I also am not sure which paint program your using.You do not have an alpha channel, or at least one that is correct. You can make your own, but it's probably easier to explain this way:
  • Go into your channels for your PMDG_MD11_Tail_Left_LT.dds and delete the Alpha1 channel.
  • Chances are it's all white, so it is being all lit.
  • Opening an existing xx_tail_right or left_LT file and drag and drop it's Alpha channel into your image. If your using Photoshop, hold Shift while doing this will ensure it is perfectly aligned (if not just align it manually).
  • Save as DXT5 as you've already done.
  • Buy me a beer, I'm thirsty :)

Haha, ok well you don't need to buy me a beer, but you should be all set now. Enjoy your new paint!If this doesn't make sense then tell me what programs your using and I will try to explain a method you can use.

Well, I use the programme Photoshop CS3, yes i use FSX, but sorry, i have a question, who i can i see alpha1 channel and delte it? And after, how i can drag and drop it's Alpha channel?I downloaded the plugin the PMDG Said in repaint pack for photoshopThanks for your attention and disponibility

Well, I use the programme Photoshop CS3, yes i use FSX, but sorry, i have a question, who i can i see alpha1 channel and delte it? And after, how i can drag and drop it's Alpha channel?I downloaded the plugin the PMDG Said in repaint pack for photoshopThanks for your attention and disponibility
In the lower right area you will see your "layers" panel. The next tab over is your "Channels" panel. See here: chan.gif You will have RGBA, or RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Alpha1 (if it doesn't have an Alpha1 channel don't worry). Delete your Alpha1 in your image if you do.Left click your mouse over the Alpha1 channel and drag it (holding the mouse button still) over to your tail_LT and hold shift while doing this. Release the left mouse button and your Alpha1 channel is now in place.Make sure to 1st flip the image to match the orientation of your image before doing this, or the channel will be upside down and look rather funny when turning on that tail light.

Dan Prunier

A very clear answer! Now it's all ok! Thank you so much for your suggiestions and for the ability in solving my problems!Ok... You're right, i must buy you a Beer! :( Good Night now, because here is 20 to 1 am! Have a nice evening in the USASee U in this forum!Thank you for all

Thanks Stefano, it would be a nice evening if I had any more beer :( Glad to help a learning painter!I am about to release a 30+ page tutorial on doing painting for fsx and fs9 with the paint kits any day now, so stay tuned to the general area. It may help simplify some steps more.

Dan Prunier

I'm looking forward to your tutorial Dan. I always wanted to paint my own aircraft but I've never properly learned how to use photoshop.

I'm looking forward to your tutorial Dan. I always wanted to paint my own aircraft but I've never properly learned how to use photoshop.
I've actually finished it a few times now but keep changing things. I wanted to include FS9 also but needed to know what I was doing was working (as you remember beta'ing for me), and also wanted to include both the MD11 and 747 (I dont have the JS yet), but the concepts are the same, just some small differences with amount of files etc... Basically it's about using layers, and the needed steps to do paints with them. It is hard some times to (excuse the expression) dumb down things that you know, so that to has lead me to rewrite a lot of it a few times. Lastly, I am also testing it now with different programs that may be easier to obtain then the masterful photoshop.I'm excited about it and helping peolpe see the insane detail of the PMDG paintkits the way I appreciate them. To me, using them is as much fun as the sim.I'm confident I'll be posting it this week. Then maybe after I get some feedback and make the needed corrections could make it into a .pdf doc and sign it over to pmdg (free of course) if they want it.

Dan Prunier

It is hard some times to (excuse the expression) dumb down things that you know, so that to has lead me to rewrite a lot of it a few times.
I completely understand; I do IT course development.