Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasonaerts

Strange graphics corruption

Guest jasonaerts

I have FSX Acceleration with REX, GEX, UTX usa & can. Running a core i7 860 oc to 3.8ghz Prime stable HT onI sometimes see odd texture flashing, random black boxes.. but not always and usually when panning around. Then after a while the visuals will start to get snowy pixels with random colors and it looks like thisUntitled-2.pngThis is after FSX locked up and i alt tab out, and shut it down.As you can see the snow pixels followed to the desktop and did not go away untill a reboot.ANy ideas? My GPU is GTX 295 at stock speeds.Thanks

I have FSX Acceleration with REX, GEX, UTX usa & can. Running a core i7 860 oc to 3.8ghz Prime stable HT onI sometimes see odd texture flashing, random black boxes.. but not always and usually when panning around. Then after a while the visuals will start to get snowy pixels with random colors and it looks like this(pic removed from quote)This is after FSX locked up and i alt tab out, and shut it down.As you can see the snow pixels followed to the desktop and did not go away untill a reboot.ANy ideas? My GPU is GTX 295 at stock speeds.Thanks
Looks to me like space debris. :( Cool desktop pic though.Jokes aside, that can happen if your card doesn't have enough power to draw from the PSU. (You haven't posted any other system specs, so that's only a guess at this stage.) If your PSU is up to spec, then it could be a driver problem. If reinstalling or updating drivers (properly) doesn't resolve, then you likely have a faulty GTX 295.Does this occur when you work on anything else? Did you build your system or was it shop-built? Please post more detailed system specs, then we can provide a better idea.Cheers,

Another idea - have you set bufferpools in the fsx.cfg? Flashing and black boxes are an indication that either bufferpools aren't set or set incorrectly.

Guest jasonaerts

Fulls system specsmsi P55-GD65Intel i7 860 Lynnfield @ 3.8ghz HT on4g Corsair Dominator 1600C8 @ 8,8,8,24GTX 295WD Velociraptor 300g850w Antec TruePower QuatroRunning on W7System was built by meNot experiencing the issue with any other graphicly or cpu intensive applications.BufferPools are off, and not in my CFG. BufferPools Enabled no matter the size caused massive frame rate spikes and stuttering.I was using the ENB graphic Enhancer, i removed it and have not been able to reproduce the problem..... which is good, but id like to know if anyone else has ever had or heard of similar issues with the ENB graphics.GPU ran 2hrs of Furmark with 16xMsaa, and 4 passes of 3Dmark Vangtage on Extreme settings without a hitch... so.Im hoping it was the ENB i will need to test more.thanks everyone for the quick replies ;)Oh and heres the Wallpaper if you want it Owi http://sunearthday.nasa.gov/2008/materials...l_1920x1200.jpg

Guest jasonaerts

Unfortunately the problem returned with ENB removed :(I am also very perplexed by something...If i set Bufferpools to any size i get hard Jittering while panning outside the aircraft, IF i remove bufferpools completely which is Defualt for my .CFG i get Jittering, Only when i set bufferpools =N does my experience smooth amazingly only i get square texture pop in and on a long enough flight the issue's mentioned above.... I even reset my system to stock clock and it tested the same (i was suprised how little the 3.8ghz overclock increased frames from stock... not much) i imagine that is due to the 7 threads as i am using the Jobschedular=254.Any ideas guys ?Thanks

Hey Jason,Hmm, so it occurs later when ENB is turned off. That could be because the card is doing less work? Which leads me to believe your card may be overheating. Try testing FSX + ENB with the case open to a good source of ventilation.Another thought I had: I've read that the GTX 295 is basically two GPUs slapped together and run with an internal SLI mode (please correct me if I'm wrong). If my reading is correct, have you checked that SLI mode is turned off via the driver? Also - did you make sure to connect both power connectors on the card? (Sorry, sometimes you gotta ask the obvious.)That's all I can think of for now. Let us know how you go.Cheers,PS: 4GHz is the magic number as far as FSX is concerned. :(

Guest jasonaerts

Card is hooked up properly, and SLI settings are auto in Nhancer which with fsx = no sli or single.Overheating doesnt seem to be the issue here the card doesnt go above 62c with fsx on the 1 core of the gpu, and games like crysis ramp her up to near 90's without a hitch or corruption....Im wondering if its something to do with the onboard PCI-E controller on the i7 860s but thats purely speculation..Ill just keep testing..THanks for the reply owi

Just for grins, try dropping the TextureBandwithMult value (in the FSX.cfg file) by 10.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest jasonaerts
Just for grins, try dropping the TextureBandwithMult value (in the FSX.cfg file) by 10.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
I will give this a shot thanks