Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoreyJJ

What happenend to the Classic.Kilu Forum?

Hi everyone,haven't been to this forums in while, due a lot of work to do.But just now got back to checkout what s new with the beloved 747 RFP and was a bit sad to see that the link to the relatively new Forum by Chris Koegler (http://747classic.kilu.de/forum/) was already dead again..what happened?Is the forum gone again already?is there a new one?Is there any new on the supposedly new version of the 747 RFP which was in developement for some time?Would be great if someone could bring me up to date!Thanks in advance and have a nice day!Corey JJ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Corey,Chris has closed the forum due to insufficient feedback, I read from [...these days "thank you" is a rare expression] not exactly his words but similar. I registered but didn't post a word for months. These days words are rare because of all other loads, sad. Thanks to Chris for all his effortsRegardsMartin

Hi,my plan was to close the forum, because people know what they have to write if a download link is broken, but the words "please" or "thank you" are unknown. Yesterday a hacker "killed" the forum, and I had no chance to fix it, because I had no longer access to it, and to be safe I have deleted everything incl. the domain. It seems that kilu.de has a lot of problems with this hacker, because kilu seems to be down now completely. Yesterday I have setup a new forum with a new domain with a backup from December, but also this one is now down. If there will be a working forum again, I will let you know.Regards,Chris Koegler

In the meantime, you're always welcome around here Chris!!CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

In the meantime, you're always welcome around here Chris!!CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Chris, thank you for the clarification.

If there will be a working forum again, I will let you know.
Appreciated RegardsMartin

Hi Chris,just wanted to say thank you for the fast reply.I'm sorry to hear about the hacker attack.I really hope you can start a new forum somwhere.Looking very much forward to it.Wish you a nice day, So long, Corey

too bad, I was trying to get to it... maybe if Chris wants we continue here for the time being ?And Chris knows, that a thank you would be enough, but it isnt. For a 742 lover like me there is more to say..Like going in the Aviodrome at Lelystad, sniffing up the real smell, looking in the cockpit and having the feel that I was there, that I was flipping those switches, that I flew her in al sorts of weather.. when I got back home, starting the sim, and be there again.. thats a big thank you for the expirience, no addon plane yet could do, even the lack of modern graphics, the immersion is there!Good job Chris, and keep it up, please go on an cook some new 'meal' for us!Johan

Hi,my plan was to close the forum, because people know what they have to write if a download link is broken, but the words "please" or "thank you" are unknown. Yesterday a hacker "killed" the forum, and I had no chance to fix it, because I had no longer access to it, and to be safe I have deleted everything incl. the domain. It seems that kilu.de has a lot of problems with this hacker, because kilu seems to be down now completely. Yesterday I have setup a new forum with a new domain with a backup from December, but also this one is now down. If there will be a working forum again, I will let you know.Regards,Chris Koegler
Chris, you are more than welcome to have a forum here. We'll set you one up in the freeware section post haste. Just send me an email and we can do that for you and the community. t o m @ a v s i m . c o m.

Hi Chris,I haven't participated much on the forums because of extreme lack of time. I have plenty now since I was layed off :) I appreciate your efforts. I want to say thank you. A lot of us take for granted what people like you, The AVSIM and Flightsim.com staff do. I led a very busy life and traveled a lot with my job. I would come home Friday and spend time with my family. I would go into my home office early in the morning and spend a couple hours looking to the forums for problem fixes, tweaks and new things. Then fly while the kids and wife were still asleep. Enjoying an escape from reality for a bit and enjoying Flight Sim. Then off somewhere else on Monday. Never really taking the time to thank the people that help me escape and enjoy this hobby. I'd go on Johan Dees site for some RFP information. I need to thank him too. I never communicated with him, his site has kept RFP going. It has given me help on RFP issues. I think it would really be great would be get the RFP VIP edition going again. Having Ed be able to upload his RFP panel edits. I'm probably one of many but I have the files that go with RFP and even have the first version back in FS 2000 if you need them. I'd be glad to contribute during my job search.Thanks again to you all,Jeff

Thanks Chris for the reply. I hope you know that your efforts ARE appreciated, no matter what others say or do. Of course, I am not just saying this...I have always had a special bond with RFP I suppose and that appreciation carries over to you guys. Best of luck-be sure to post on these forums!Regards,Brennan