Sign in to follow this  
flesland

Some situations I need clarify !

Hey friends of PMDG MD-11 forum !!!.- I need to know how to set the correct number in passenger load in the OVH "AIR" panel . If I will transport 256 pax, I only be able to set the digits 2 y 5 but I can

Nibaldo Soto A.

Hey friends of PMDG MD-11 forum !!!.- I want to fly for the very first time to Princess Julianna airport (TNCM) and I'm watching the IAC for approach and I can see the VOR approach for rwy 10, first have to overfly the VOR just above the airport and then return to the west, descending the plane for the final landing. In real life the planes does this approach?I expect commentsThanks in advance to everyone
See this thread for information and feedback on that interesting approach to TNCM: TNCM approach advice

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hey friends of PMDG MD-11 forum !!!.- I would like to comment somthing about T/O load configuration. When I load the MD-11 pax version with few passengers for instance 98 or 123 and with corresponding baggage load, the V1 and Vr speeds are the most of times the same, but when I running through runway and lift off the plane, this takes a nose attitude to high and the speeds increasing rapidly passing the V2 speed also and you can see from the spot plane view a taking off a little bit unreal. But when I load the plane with more than 250 pax more or less the attitude at T/O time is more real (at least I think) and the V-speeds passing more real achieving a scheduling retract flaps as would be !
Are you setting Flex temps or derating as appropriate to compensate for being lightweight?

Hey friends of PMDG MD-11 forum !!!.- I need to know how to set the correct number in passenger load in the OVH "AIR" panel . If I will transport 256 pax, I only be able to set the digits 2 y 5 but I can

That overhead air setting for number of pax is just eye candy. It doesn't do anything, in the real aircraft is modifies the air exchange rate for the cabin. I suspect if the real setting is close within 10 or 20 then it's good enough for its purpose.High take off climb pitch angles are normal, she noses up a lot more than the 747, but if you are light then the pitch up will be excessive. Gotta derate the engines and this will lower the nose for you among letting things happen a little slower and easier to control.

Dan Downs KCRP

Chancellor C414 (short nose, not the C414A). Flys like a rocket with RAMVI conversions.

Dan Downs KCRP

- I would like to comment somthing about T/O load configuration. When I load the MD-11 pax version with few passengers for instance 98 or 123 and with corresponding baggage load, the V1 and Vr speeds are the most of times the same, but when I running through runway and lift off the plane, this takes a nose attitude to high and the speeds increasing rapidly passing the V2 speed also and you can see from the spot plane view a taking off a little bit unreal. But when I load the plane with more than 250 pax more or less the attitude at T/O time is more real (at least I think) and the V-speeds passing more real achieving a scheduling retract flaps as would be !
Well, for every runway there is some charts determining the flex temp u can use for derated T/O and Climb, it depends on the runway elevation and your gross weight. By applying Flex temp u can have a smooth, scheduled flap-retraction rate.