Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Rex and Zinertek's Airport Enhanser

Like most of you I have and love REX. I've spent the better part of two weeks tweaking REX and now conceder myself to have FS9.99. It's unbelievably beautiful ! Even tho REX has a LOT of runway/taxi way choices I still like the textures of the Zinertek's Airport Enhancer better. I love the texture of it with the scuff marks and oil spill stains all around. I loaded REX then I loaded the Zinertek's program. The question is if I change any of the REX textures and install them will this OVER WRITE the Zinertek's Runway textures and I will have to re-install the Zinertek's textures?I also liked the Zinertek's water texture program but after a while I have the REX's water water textures to my liking. Where in the world can I fly to and see examples of REX's BROWN and TROPICAL waters????? Thanks jerrycwo4

Like most of you I have and love REX. I've spent the better part of two weeks tweaking REX and now conceder myself to have FS9.99. It's unbelievably beautiful ! Even tho REX has a LOT of runway/taxi way choices I still like the textures of the Zinertek's Airport Enhancer better. I love the texture of it with the scuff marks and oil spill stains all around. I loaded REX then I loaded the Zinertek's program. The question is if I change any of the REX textures and install them will this OVER WRITE the Zinertek's Runway textures and I will have to re-install the Zinertek's textures?I also liked the Zinertek's water texture program but after a while I have the REX's water water textures to my liking. Where in the world can I fly to and see examples of REX's BROWN and TROPICAL waters????? Thanks jerrycwo4
Hello JerryWhen you have Zinertek Airport textures and Rex set up exactly as you like themJust disable the Runway/Taxi options in REX, the REX Runway/Taxi texures will not be loaded then whatever you then change in REX

As that picture show you can preserve Zinertek's options as well. The only water options from REX that I have checked is 'Inland Water' and 'Tropical Water'. With SP1 unchecking options insures your chosen textures sets won't get overwritten.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Does REX replace Flight Enviroment? I'm very curious about REX. In the website which is FSX pics and Which is FS9 pics. I have both torn to which way to go. I also Have GE pro? Does REX change Runway and Taxi textures in add on AFCADS?

Does REX replace Flight Enviroment? I'm very curious about REX. In the website which is FSX pics and Which is FS9 pics. I have both torn to which way to go. I also Have GE pro? Does REX change Runway and Taxi textures in add on AFCADS?
Yes, REX replaces flight environment, and then sum. GEPro is different and is def good to have.REX changes the runway/taxi textures for any airport that calls upon the default textures, so unless you are using a 3rd party airport with it's own textures, then yes, REX will replace the textures.