Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

SMJP fatal error

Please sign your full name.Your original problem description in that link seemed to imply that you only set up the FMS with a departure fix. What about the rest of the flight? Try the same thing with a navaid enroute. Also, are all the other preflight steps taken? Although we never found FMS issues to cause crashes in later beta testing, there might be situations involving abnormal setups that we never anticipated causing problems. These have always been resolved (up to now) once the abnormal usage was modified.

Dan Downs KCRP

Please sign your full name.Your original problem description in that link seemed to imply that you only set up the FMS with a departure fix. What about the rest of the flight? Try the same thing with a navaid enroute. Also, are all the other preflight steps taken? Although we never found FMS issues to cause crashes in later beta testing, there might be situations involving abnormal setups that we never anticipated causing problems. These have always been resolved (up to now) once the abnormal usage was modified.
Does it realy matter??? It should also work without all the rest.And yes, I did enter all the preflight info such as weights, thrust, flap...As I said in my other post I was practicing a circle to land and entered SMJP/SMJP in the INIT page.And its not the first time I do things like that but it is the first time I expierence a ctd in both FS9 and FSX at exactly the same place for about 7 or 8 consecutive times (but im not in the mood to re-wright the whole story again)The point is: it only does that at SMJP and nowhere else.Best regards,Ramon Jansen.

I've seen it happen to guys at other places. The workaround is to put an eroute fix such as a nearby VOR even though you are not going to fly to it.I have done a lot of KIAH/KIAH local pattern work, I enter the departure runway and an approach. This always creates a problem unless I provide an enroute fix, which from that I can LAT REV to the destination approaches. After takeoff I manually fly the crosswind/downwind pattern and select an IAF of the approach as a direct to point to get the FMS in sync with what I am doing.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've seen it happen to guys at other places. The workaround is to put an eroute fix such as a nearby VOR even though you are not going to fly to it.I have done a lot of KIAH/KIAH local pattern work, I enter the departure runway and an approach. This always creates a problem unless I provide an enroute fix, which from that I can LAT REV to the destination approaches. After takeoff I manually fly the crosswind/downwind pattern and select an IAF of the approach as a direct to point to get the FMS in sync with what I am doing.
Ok, I'll try that now...I'll let you know if it works.Ramon Jansen

Ok, I'll try that now...I'll let you know if it works.Ramon Jansen
It work...no crash anymore!Many thanks Dan.Ramon Jansen