Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Custom Menus when selecting aircraft

Hi all,Just had a thought.When it comes to selecting aircraft from FSX the user needs to scroll through the menu and select the plane required. Now i know alot of people dont use default planes all that much so..........Is it possible to create a custom menu option so that you can filter out the default aircraft so you dont have to scroll through the whole lot.ThanksTom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Other than selecting the manufacturer, designer, or acft type I don't think so. I'm sure you're aware you can also check to disable variations....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest jshyluk

I think you can do this... if memory serves, there was a thread on this topic last year. Be danged if I can find it right now, though. You can "comment out" the aircraft you don't want to see, but you do not uninstall them. I think that was the topic of the thread: uninstalling default aircraft (but it's a bad idea, as you could remove files that add-on aircraft depend upon). Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest WarpAir

my hanger is very jam packed with a lot of a/c acquired over the years, and for a while finding the plane i want in the hanger used to be an issue.But the way to solve that problem is to always start by selecting the publisher of the plane you want to fly, and life is easy from that point on. Once you get used to that problem solved.Filter by publisher and problem solved. For example wilco, justflight, pmdg, RealAir etcMy advice, try not to always think of moding fsx to do things your way, but try to work with what fsx has got by defualt a much as humanly possible, cause if you ever have to reinstall you gona have to put back all your modifications as well. too much hardwork.