Sign in to follow this  
AlphaInfinity

FSGenesis or FSGlobal +UTX +GEX

Hi All,I was looking at purchasing FSGenesis or FSGlobal and I already own GEX and UTX. 1. I was wondering how one of these addons would compliment GEX and UTX. My (basic) understanding is that FSGenesis will give me mountains with proper elevations which is important because I primarily fly the KSEA to KGPI routes(Glacier Park International).2. I am primarily looking at FSGenesis because it seems to have better resolutions on the terrain and I can download it after purchasing via the online store. If FSGenesis would comliment GEX and REX pretty well, do I simply download and install it or do I need to uninstall GEX and UTX and do the installations in a specific order?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

AlphaInfinity,FSGenesis and FSGlobal are both terrain mesh products both of which increase the resolution of the displayed terrain mesh in FS (makes the terrain look more true to life). You do not need to uninstall anything. Just purchase your mesh addon, install and enjoy a more realistic looking landscape.

i have the FSgenesis mesh and i am very happy with it. in the USA, version 2 of the mesh, which is out now, eliminates the airports sitting on plateaus as well. if you do not have any additional landclass ( i know UTX has urban landclass but read on) you can get the FSGenesis bundle with mesh and landclass ( covers a LOT of places UTX does not ) for a very good price.mesh does make a big difference in mountain areas for sure but i noticed a big improvement in my area which has some rolling hills, looks great in FSX.