Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

PFC Column Yoke & Cirrus Pedals

Guest sunbear

I already posted this in the MoBo, Hardware & Video section of the forum with no results and thought I'd post it here in hopes that someone can give me a little insight into more refined settings for the control assignments, sensitivities, and other fine tuning tips you might be able to share so I can get my PFC Column Yoke & Jetliner rudders up and running to halfway replicate as much as possible the inputs & sensitivities of the real 737NG/FS9 &/or the MD-11 / FSX.....If anybody has that kind of experience, I'd appreciate it if you would share some of it with me. Also, does anybody have the GOFlight throttles, and if so, how do you like them or what would you recommend for throttles with my set-up.My computer specs are: Q6600 @ 2.67 ghz, 4 gig of DDR3-1800, 8800 GT video card running Window XP and using both FS9 and FSX. Regards,jack noulet

Guest sunbear

Chuck B. on the MoBo, hardware forum gave me the following on the Go Throttles: "I returned mine, Jack, about a week after purchase and went back to the so-called "cheap" CH Products throttle quad. tongue.gif I felt the GoFlight quad was overpriced and under functioned (not so easy to program), ugly, and not very user friendly for the desktop simmer. (For instance, the reverser detentes are actually a small plastic strip with bumps cut into the edge that you have to glue onto the unit, and is not very realistic.)I have a lot of GoFlight Hardware and I have to admit that I'm starting to cop an attitude with them. They're not plug and play by a long shot, and they don't readily work with many MSFS addons, even bestsellers like PMDG. IMHO most of their hardware is not worth the prices being charged -- Not even close. Just my opinion though; there are many here that love them and will disagree with me.PCAviator.com offers a very liberal return policy so if you want to try them out, I would suggest you buy them from there.Smooth Skies! -- Chuck B."It's kind of interesting that nobody has the ultimate in Flight yokes & rudder pedals on such a sophisticated forum such as the PMDG site. Anyways, thought the above might be of some interest to perhaps a few people. Chime in if you have any added comments.:)Regards,jack noulet

--------------It's kind of interesting that nobody has the ultimate in Flight yokes & rudder pedals on such a sophisticated forum such as the PMDG site. Anyways, thought the above might be of some interest to perhaps a few people. Chime in if you have any added comments.:)Regards,jack noulet
jack- I've been using a set of PFC Cirrus pedals for the past ten years! First class product. Far superior to the "other brand".Alex Reid

Guest sunbear

Hi Alex,Wanted to ask you how you line up the left forward view to the runway when using multiple monitors. I have a 24" Dell 1920>1080 and my wife gave me her LG 19" lcd monitor which is only 1260X1080 and I have it mounted to the left of my main Dell. When I'm using FSX with the MD-11, the forward left view of the horizon dips in the turn and the main monitor and the left one are way out of proportion. Is there some trick to getting them to line up proportionately??Regards & Happy New Year\jack noulet

My latest new toy (and best by far) is the Matrox Triplehead2go. It has a Bezel Management feature to tweak and align everything perfectly in seconds. Even on monitors of different sizes. With your other "ultimate" gear, I'm surprised you don't have the best video solution. This the best thing I added to my simming since I started.I don't yet have my own video on it, but this is the one that made me buy it "here".

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest sunbear

I agree Dan, That is pretty impressive. I'll have to look into it. I guess for now though, there is no solution to my left monitor misalignment..Regards & thanksjack noulet