Sign in to follow this  
gunman02

FSX SDK toolbox help?

I have been trying to get the toolbox to show up in FSX for along time. Let me know if you will need more info. It will just not show up. I have the acceleration addon. I have installed all the updates and still nothing.<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Instant Scenery</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Instant Scenery\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Just Flight Sound Module</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>JF_Sound.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files(x86) \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files(x86) \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Captain Sim 727 Menu</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Captain_Sim\727\Captain_Sim.p727.menu.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Are you using the proper SDK? The SDK used must match the service pack installed (i.e. if Acceleration-Acceleration SDK, if SP2-SP2 SDK). A mismatch will cause your problem...I know from personal experience!

Installation of the SDK is a farily subtle business and will require some patient attention to detail. I still can't get the Object Placement Tool to work for me, and I've been trying for ages. Nevertheless this site seems to be the best guide to installation:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...tallation_(FSX)

Mike Beckwith

I second using the FSDeveloper link:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...tallation_(FSX)I could not get the Traffic Toolbox to work for me until I read and followed (exactly) the very detailed instructions in the link.Now all works "as advertised". Kudo's to FSDeveloper for making this information available. :( :( :(

Thanks for the replies. I am at my wits end trying to get the toolbox going. I have been to every page I can find and still nothing. I will try this link. Thanks again.

Guest sssummer

I am having the same problem after a fresh install of FSX after installing a new Windows 7 64 bit operating system. It worked in my previous 32 bit Vista setup. Very frustrating. Follow all of the tutuorials, instructions to a tee. Your SDK path looks exactly the same as mine.

I am having the same problem after a fresh install of FSX after installing a new Windows 7 64 bit operating system. It worked in my previous 32 bit Vista setup. Very frustrating. Follow all of the tutuorials, instructions to a tee. Your SDK path looks exactly the same as mine.
I am still not able to get it to work. I have checked the help page and I guess if I want to get it to work,I will have to reinstall FSX. If that is what it takes, I guess I will not have a toolbox for a while. I am wondering if it is 64bit that is the problem, I should have stated that that is what I am using - Vista 64bit. Let me know if you get yours working.

I am still not able to get it to work. I have checked the help page and I guess if I want to get it to work,I will have to reinstall FSX. If that is what it takes, I guess I will not have a toolbox for a while. I am wondering if it is 64bit that is the problem, I should have stated that that is what I am using - Vista 64bit. Let me know if you get yours working.
I have it working just fine with my new Win7 x 64 OS. The only difference I can see is that I did NOT install either FSX or the FSX SDK to the stupid default path, but used simple paths instead:C:\FSXC:\FSX_SDK

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator