Sign in to follow this  
Guest jhicks

Cannot Download Airsimmer a320

Guest jhicks

I am trying to purchase the Airsimmer a320 basic. When I click on the "BUY NOW" button, I start downloading the flight1 wrapper,the file name is "AirsimmerA320BasicSetup.exe" the download site is http://cdn1.flight1.net, but it stops downloading at 12.6MB everytime. The wrapper shows up on my desktop, but when I click it says "incorrect file size". During the download process it shows that the File size should be 166MB. I have tried downloading the wrapper at home, work, friend's house, on a Mac and PC and it is always the same--quits at 12.6MB and shows the wrapper on the desktop, but cannot be run. Not sure what is going on. I posted the same message over at the Airsimmer forum this morning, but it seems pretty quite over there. Any insights? or maybe it is an omen not to buy this product.

I am trying to purchase the Airsimmer a320 basic. When I click on the "BUY NOW" button, I start downloading the flight1 wrapper,the file name is "AirsimmerA320BasicSetup.exe" the download site is http://cdn1.flight1.net, but it stops downloading at 12.6MB everytime. The wrapper shows up on my desktop, but when I click it says "incorrect file size". During the download process it shows that the File size should be 166MB. I have tried downloading the wrapper at home, work, friend's house, on a Mac and PC and it is always the same--quits at 12.6MB and shows the wrapper on the desktop, but cannot be run. Not sure what is going on. I posted the same message over at the Airsimmer forum this morning, but it seems pretty quite over there. Any insights? or maybe it is an omen not to buy this product.
Consider yourself lucky and move on.

Flight1 has a good Customer Support setup - have you submitted a Service Ticket there?That is where I would start.

Check out their forums again...look at all the threads concerning more problems AFTER the update.I would wait until they fix the bugs for good.

Danny

Consider yourself lucky
I Couldn't have said it better.

God works in mysterious ways! :(

Ya know to those who love to have there ** bit at companies.. I really hope they turn around and make it. Then all those peeps that have had nothing better to say about them eat there words. Although this is the Internet, So no one cares. Right?The OP comes to ask for help and and really one person takes the time to post some help for the guy. KUDOS to you Opa mate. The rest Just takes Digs at Airsimmer. /sighRegardsMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

As many problems as the Airsimmer Basic has, it's still better than the Wilco aircraft. I own both. Whenever I'm going to fly an A320, I choose the Airsimmer Bus over the Wilco Bus every time.

NAX669.png

Ya know to those who love to have there ** bit at companies.. I really hope they turn around and make it. Then all those peeps that have had nothing better to say about them eat there words. Although this is the Internet, So no one cares. Right?The OP comes to ask for help and and really one person takes the time to post some help for the guy. KUDOS to you Opa mate. The rest Just takes Digs at Airsimmer. /sigh
+1 !

Guest Tingoose
God works in mysterious ways! :(
LOL :(

Ya know to those who love to have there ** bit at companies.. I really hope they turn around and make it. Then all those peeps that have had nothing better to say about them eat there words. Although this is the Internet, So no one cares. Right?The OP comes to ask for help and and really one person takes the time to post some help for the guy. KUDOS to you Opa mate. The rest Just takes Digs at Airsimmer. /sighRegardsMike
MikeI see your point and do agree with you that only one poster actually tried to give a direct answer to the OP. However, my main source of reference as to whether a product is worth buying or not is my peers - mainly here at AVSIM. If someone owns a product and is dissatisfied I feel that is is appropriate for them to express their dissatisfaction in a reasonable way. OK, maybe the posts here were a little too sarcastic (or maybe not) but if they feel that they may be helping the OP save money by not buying a product that they feel to be unsatisfactory, I think that's reasonable.Like you, I really do hope Airsimmer finally get a good A320 to market. Nobody else has done it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Amen! Couldn't have said it better!Wolfgang

All right, all right, looks like another broken thread.I thought Gavin has explained it perfectly but further amens tell me some people tend to see problems where there are none.So let me, please, explain what I'd like to explain before things unnecessarily go too far here (while we need a rather peaceful forum):Good that Opa gave the asker a tip (yes, Dave is always helpful, we love him for that), though he did not necessarily rediscover America for this person. Asking for support at the developer's or reseller's (AS, F1) is the natural way everyone would go anyway.As I (and visibly a few more simmers) understood, this person is trying to buy this product but has not done it yet. But we DID and (see we're not newbies) we already have our opinions on the product in its present state. So, unlike many other cases that took place around these forums where people where whinning, cursing products and writing long sometimes pointless complaint lists, we just left very short and very gentle (even humouristic) suggestions for the potential buyer to rethink. What is SO WRONG about it?Like Gavin wrote, I myself am always happy to read any suggestions in these forums that help me with my choice. Not only praise, quite the contrary.But you Sir (Mike) come here and neither give further help to the asker nor share any suggestion about the product or the buying method. You just point us out in even (not much but a little) nasty way ('those who love to have there ** bit at companies', 'eat there words', 'this is the Internet, So no one cares', 'The rest Just takes Digs', etc). I wonder what YOUR post brings into this thread really. Have you asked yourself, Sir? If the asker felt touched by our short remarks in any way, he would probably write it himself, which he didn't.I hope we will still remain a peaceful and helpful team of simming enthusiasts here. :( And let's not start wrangles and accusations with no reasons. That will not help anyone.I'm not a man to quarrel neither are the other that wrote here. So I decided to make some things clear. I hope I did.

All right, all right, looks like another broken thread.I thought Gavin has explained it perfectly but further amens tell me some people tend to see problems where there are none.So let me, please, explain what I'd like to explain before things unnecessarily go too far here (while we need a rather peaceful forum):Good that Opa gave the asker a tip (yes, Dave is always helpful, we love him for that), though he did not necessarily rediscover America for this person. Asking for support at the developer's or reseller's (AS, F1) is the natural way everyone would go anyway.As I (and visibly a few more simmers) understood, this person is trying to buy this product but has not done it yet. But we DID and (see we're not newbies) we already have our opinions on the product in its present state. So, unlike many other cases that took place around these forums where people where whinning, cursing products and writing long sometimes pointless complaint lists, we just left very short and very gentle (even humouristic) suggestions for the potential buyer to rethink. What is SO WRONG about it?Like Gavin wrote, I myself am always happy to read any suggestions in these forums that help me with my choice. Not only praise, quite the contrary.But you Sir (Mike) come here and neither give further help to the asker nor share any suggestion about the product or the buying method. You just point us out in even (not much but a little) nasty way ('those who love to have there ** bit at companies', 'eat there words', 'this is the Internet, So no one cares', 'The rest Just takes Digs', etc). I wonder what YOUR post brings into this thread really. Have you asked yourself, Sir? If the asker felt touched by our short remarks in any way, he would probably write it himself, which he didn't.I hope we will still remain a peaceful and helpful team of simming enthusiasts here. :( And let's not start wrangles and accusations with no reasons. That will not help anyone.I'm not a man to quarrel neither are the other that wrote here. So I decided to make some things clear. I hope I did.
Ya know Rafal you coulda just said Mike. NO need for the "SIR" and you coulda just left the thread alone. But it appears that you would like to have the LAST say. So ill give you that. Cant be bothered arguing with people in this forum.And if you look around in the forums there is a WHOLE heap of negativity aimed towards developers etc, Grandstanding/Soapboxing and who ever can spell the largest words. And ill refer to you 1st comment to the OP After Maxthrust "I Couldn't have said it better."Why reply at all and in the way that you did? Why not leave the thread alone?You coulda said mate i bought it but i would wait till the fix a few things or something, And you right my post didnt help him either. So touche Anyway i leave it at that, Did come here to brawl with you, nor did i want to post but you called me out so there you have it.Peace out!RegardsMike (Not a Sir)

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Flight1 also has a "download tool".Down load it and then it will take care of the "big" download/verify and it will let you continue if things go bad!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW