Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

GO Flight Throttles

Guest sunbear

Anybody have these and if so, how do you like them?jack noulet

Anybody have these and if so, how do you like them?jack noulet
I returned mine, Jack, about a week after purchase and went back to the so-called "cheap" CH Products throttle quad. :( I felt the GoFlight quad was overpriced and under functioned (not so easy to program), ugly, and not very user friendly for the desktop simmer. (For instance, the reverser detentes are actually a small plastic strip with bumps cut into the edge that you have to glue onto the unit, and is not very realistic.) I have a lot of GoFlight Hardware and I have to admit that I'm starting to cop an attitude with them. They're not plug and play by a long shot, and they don't readily work with many MSFS addons, even bestsellers like PMDG. IMHO most of their hardware is not worth the prices being charged -- Not even close. Just my opinion though; there are many here that love them and will disagree with me.PCAviator.com offers a very liberal return policy so if you want to try them out, I would suggest you buy them from there.

Guest sunbear

Thanks Chuck for your through review. I think I might consider going with the PFC throttles since they would be at least compatible with my other hardware. I don't particularly like the way they look, but functionally, they may be what I would mostly appreciate. Regards and thanks for replying.jack noulet

First, this is not the correct subforum for controllers.Second, GF TQ it their worse product. Reversers was already mentioned, the throttles have to be calibrated (FSUIPC does this well), my spoiler lever is too far right, so I do not feel the detent of autoarm, same with flaps. Throttles are noisy and too hard to pull 4 at once close to idle.I have whole GF Airliner, but am considering to replace the TQ - the rest is OK.

Guest sunbear
First, this is not the correct subforum for controllers.Second, GF TQ it their worse product. Reversers was already mentioned, the throttles have to be calibrated (FSUIPC does this well), my spoiler lever is too far right, so I do not feel the detent of autoarm, same with flaps. Throttles are noisy and too hard to pull 4 at once close to idle.I have whole GF Airliner, but am considering to replace the TQ - the rest is OK.
Hello Bart,If I might ask, what would you replace your present TQ with?Regards,jack

If I might ask, what would you replace your present TQ with?
I was considering a PFC, but the dimensions are slight different... I cannot say right now for sure what it will be. GF TQ is flexible, You can use different levers for different a/c's - that is its biggest advantage and I do not want to loose this feature.