Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

How do I uninstall this programme ?

Guest rafvr

Due to a hard drive crash I am reinstalling FSX and various addon programmes. I have just tried to install Switzerland Professional Xbut am told it is still installed and to uninstall fisrt. However a thorough search does not reveals any previous installation and I amtherefore unable to install SPX once again.I can only assume there is a file tucked away somewhere that was put in with the original installation but does anyone know if this could bethe case and where I would find it??Any advice would be gratefully receivedMany thanksGeorge

However a thorough search does not reveals any previous installation and I amtherefore unable to install SPX once again.George
Hi George; It sounds like you will need to do a registry cleanup with something like the one here:-http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/?...CFag65Qod9xZFrw

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Delete this entry and instal Switzerland Pro FSX againc:\Programme\InstallShield Installation Information\{C0E7FAD8-F8AE-4819-AEBF-D92562315EEE}Rene

Guest rafvr

Thanks Guys for your adviceRene - that info did the trickRegardsGeorge

I have this problem on my Windows 8.1 computer.  The advice given by Rene seems to apply to Windows XP or 7.  I cannot find "C:\InstallShield Installation Information\---\" in Windows 8.1.

What is the procedure for correcting the problem in Windows 8.1 ?  Thanks.

Jim - thank you for the reply but I have now found the folder: it was a hidden folder and is indeed the folder referrred to by Rene.  So I suppose this is the Switzerland Professional folder that  the program says is already installed.  I will try removing it and re-installing and see what happens.

Ray

I removed the original Switzerland Pro. folder and started to re-install. The program would not now accept the original product code.  It appears the is a maximum number of tries at installing (probably 2 or 3).  I had to contact Aerosoft to obtain a new product code.  The program has now re-installed and everything ios OK.