Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Real Air Beech Duke 60 version 1.5 released

Guest WarpAir
A 2D panel would add significant development time because their gauges are all 3D. They'd have to program new 2d gauges. I've been a VC fan since FS2004. A lot of devs are going VC only these days.
If many are going vc only, then folks better start getting bigger monitors like 42 inch/ or multi monitor, plus trackir.Cause with a really big screen you are seeing things are actual real world scale inside the vc, so no need for 2d panel then.Its a shame that many top end fsx addons aim for realism , but forget that we actually flying the plane from a pc. Realism is ok, but practicality would also be appreciated. The only way to see the pfd on this plane with a small monitor is to move up so close to it you cant see out the window.Not a big deal for me cause i am used to messing around with panels to suit my style, and am hoping to get bigger screen in near future.

The V1.5 update has taken many months of work and intense testing. We've made great efforts to address all the issues raised by current users, particularly regarding even better RXP gauge integration, VC raindrops, three levels of detail for more marginal systems, and a host of other tweaks. One thing we cannot do is convert the very smooth custom gauges to a 2d format, but we see no need as the vast majority of our customers recognise the quality of 3d gauges of exceptional clarity and smoothness. A pop-up panel in a second window would ruin all the very qualities of the current VC panel which, overwhelmingly, our customers appreciate.Regarding a Turbo-prop version of the Duke, the good news is that we are assessing the potential demand for a Turbo version in the future, but make no promises at this stage.Best Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The V1.5 update has taken many months of work and intense testing. We've made great efforts to address all the issues raised by current users, particularly regarding even better RXP gauge integration, VC raindrops, three levels of detail for more marginal systems, and a host of other tweaks. One thing we cannot do is convert the very smooth custom gauges to a 2d format, but we see no need as the vast majority of our customers recognise the quality of 3d gauges of exceptional clarity and smoothness. A pop-up panel in a second window would ruin all the very qualities of the current VC panel which, overwhelmingly, our customers appreciate.Regarding a Turbo-prop version of the Duke, the good news is that we are assessing the potential demand for a Turbo version in the future, but make no promises at this stage.Best Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations
I'm with you Rob on the VC gauge smoothness, this release is a work of art and many thanks for the RXP integration. This is my favorite aircraft to use with the PFC430 I've got. Regarding the Turboprop version I will be available for assistance and photos if you need.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I have to admit that before the Duke, i never flown in 3D cockpit, i hated it. But now that's the opposite, with the Duke and J41 (PMDG) i really enjoy flying in 3D cockpit. When i go back with 2D cockpit i find that annoying. And what a good news maybe we will have a turbo version Duke. You make my day.L'maire

Real Deraps

To Rob and Real Air staff,Great improvements. I want to express my personal thanks for a job well done. You have made the Duke go from very good to great! I am taking my first planned long distance flight with version 1.5 now, but it looked and performed great in a number of Coffs Harbour circuits.StephenPS: In my view the Duke is the best piston driven aircraft, and the L-39 is the best jet in FSX. Love them both.

Regarding a Turbo-prop version of the Duke, the good news is that we are assessing the potential demand for a Turbo version in the future, but make no promises at this stage.
I don't want to admit how frequently I check the RealAir 'upcoming' page to see if you've announced a new project... :( Took the v1.5 Duke for a quick spin. Yep. Still my favorite GA plane. :(

I have to admit I find the turboprop version of the Duke really really interesting... I hope you take that one on Rob!

I have to admit I find the turboprop version of the Duke really really interesting... I hope you take that one on Rob!
I'd find a B55/B58 version of the Duke even more interesting.. :(

I'd find a B55/B58 version of the Duke even more interesting.. :(
Hi Geof,How does the Duke compare to the Baron for performance, range, etc.?Thanks, Bruce.

Well no 2d panel is a problem for folks like myself that prefer to zoomout more in VC, then put 2d panel on second screen for easy visual control of AP etc.Its not just the lack of 2d panel, the only , AND I MEAN ONLY PANEL THAT COMES WITH THIS PLANE IS GPS PANEL. Everything else you have to get up close to the buttons to see what you wana press.Its a shame cause its a very good looking plane, but better suited to folks that jhave trackIR and can move head around cocpit more easily.I will add autopilot panel , PFD, MCP etc from suitable default fsx planes instead, hope its not too querky to work with those panels, cause i prefer to enlarge panels and undock them to second screen.Even the autopilot panel in this plane is not available as an undockable movable panel as one might expect.great looking plane , but a dissapointment for all those who prefer to work with undocked panels. Cause its a vc only plane.All those with triplehead2Go 3 24 inch displays have no worries cause the vc is probably as same scale or larger than the real plane cockpit.Well i ll see what my 42inch lcd screen will do to solve this problem when i get the cash to buy it.
Not sure I understand your objection? Have you actually tried this aircraft? The reason I question your judgment is simply because while there is only a 3d VC, the view options also consist of pre-set zooms for all the primary and secondary instruments, as well as a return-to-default VC view ALL FROM THE PANEL ITSELF, just as a 2d panel panel provides popups. These views are all provided without dynamic positioning so act just like 2d equivalents. There must be a way to utilise these options for multi-monitor users. Rather than adopting the undock panel popup approach, simply make use of the VC clickspots or the menu options!

Pardon my language here, but Dear God in Heaven!! I'd buy about a hundred turbo Dukes if it would prompt quicker development (well, maybe one). I am currently involved in a long around the world flight in my (sim) Duke. I want it, I need it, I GOTTA have it!!!