Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Real Air Beech Duke 60 version 1.5 released

Robert,If that someone was you, I'd be willing to buy it as an add-on. Would using the default model as a base be a violation of copyright though?
I second that. I'd even go a step further: if someone does better interiors for the defaults, I will buy them. All of them. I am not really into system depth, as long as a plane flies reasonable and the VC gives me the impression of being in it (VC and sound, i have to say), it's a no brainer for me.The one thing I LOVE about the Baron is that I can fly it just with the throttle quadrant, rudder pedals and yoke - and ctrl+e *g*

I second that. I'd even go a step further: if someone does better interiors for the defaults, I will buy them. All of them. I am not really into system depth, as long as a plane flies reasonable and the VC gives me the impression of being in it (VC and sound, i have to say), it's a no brainer for me.The one thing I LOVE about the Baron is that I can fly it just with the throttle quadrant, rudder pedals and yoke - and ctrl+e *g*
And I will vote for that too!

LOL! Geofa. Luckily the simulated version spends no time in the shop and lots of time in the air! But I hear you....you want a Baron. Out antennae are always fully extended and we do constantly assess what potential demand there is. We like to design stuff that isn't already available at the time of starting a project, including default aircraft. But between one and two years full time work is a big risk unless we can be reasonably sure of paying the rent. I quite like the default Baron - low res but functions ok, airfile/flight model tweakable, and very high frame rates. Maybe someone will come up with a higher-res model one day.All the best,Rob - RealAir
Carefully, frequently and properly flown by one pilot the Duke can be quite reliable. Throw two of more pilots using different techniques with the engines, let any maintenance slip or worst of all, let it sit without use and you've got a mountain of bills.I wouldn't recommend a newer Baron, rather I would highly recommend that some developer do the 55 model Baron. Non-standard panel, throttles and throw over yoke. Make it a 56 and you can utilize the engine sounds and 3d work you already did for the engines and wings on the Duke and have a rare hot rod of the sky.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Carefully, frequently and properly flown by one pilot the Duke can be quite reliable. Throw two of more pilots using different techniques with the engines, let any maintenance slip or worst of all, let it sit without use and you've got a mountain of bills.I wouldn't recommend a newer Baron, rather I would highly recommend that some developer do the 55 model Baron. Non-standard panel, throttles and throw over yoke. Make it a 56 and you can utilize the engine sounds and 3d work you already did for the engines and wings on the Duke and have a rare hot rod of the sky.
Zane-You won't get any objection from me of a B55 which has never been done. I was going to post exactly the same-but there has to be so much work which already has been done on the Duke that could be applied to a B58,b55,A 36, and F33 A.

Slightly off topic for this post, but reference the comment that the default Baron is "highly tweakable via it's cfg file(s)"...Does anybody have any GOOD links to where these tweaks are? I've looked but come up empty. Or if you already have re-configured files for it, and would like to PM me, I'd be eternally happy. Would even buy you a couple cold ones next time you are out here in Vegas if you call me. :(

Rick Ryan

Try Alexander Metzger's site (Dreamfleet and Digital Aviation fame)http://metzgergva.de/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Try Alexander Metzger's site (Dreamfleet and Digital Aviation fame)http://metzgergva.de/
Alexander does great work but I don't think he's ever done a Baron - the only Beech a/c I can find on his site is the King Air.Alan

Alexander does great work but I don't think he's ever done a Baron - the only Beech a/c I can find on his site is the King Air.Alan
I believe he did the FS9 Dreamfleet Baron. If you own it, you can transfer the airfile to the FSX Baron..

Bert

Simply Amazing!Rob you and your team have done the impossible.Not only have you addressed all the concerns about the Duke, you also increased the performance.I was getting an average of 25 FPS during flight. Now I see around 35 to 40. No changes on my system were made.The only change I made was to install the 1.5 ver of the Duke.This is Simply the best twin piston addon EVER made for any version of flight simulator.A very big Thank You!!!Steve

I believe he did the FS9 Dreamfleet Baron. If you own it, you can transfer the airfile to the FSX Baron..
Ah, you're right, I'd forgotten that. I do own it - will have to try that move.Alan

Rain drops and better performance.That's it. I'm sold.Rob knows how much I love and support Realair Simulations. I just wish that I had the time to fly every airplane that I have. LOL

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Don't the .air file and the aircraft.cfg file have to be copasetic?Duke v1.5 :( and the landing lights are perfect.

Don't the .air file and the aircraft.cfg file have to be copasetic?
Correct... move the aircraft.cfg lines that influence flying behavior as well...I've got a working version, courtesy of another "captain" who had done the merge.The nice thing about FS is that you can always go back to the earlier version ifyou do not like the outcome (assuming you back up your files.. :( )

Bert

Correct... move the aircraft.cfg lines that influence flying behavior as well...I've got a working version, courtesy of another "captain" who had done the merge.The nice thing about FS is that you can always go back to the earlier version ifyou do not like the outcome (assuming you back up your files.. :( )
I have the lite version so I'll just have to give it a go.

Anyone using the Precision Flight Controls Cirrus 2 console? When I move the prop levers,the throttles move with them? I have them individually assigned. Thanks, from Jim.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”