Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Dual Saitek throttle quadrants.

I have 1 Saitek throttle quad and just ordered another one.I assume I can have both working,but I was wondering if and how they will show up in FS control panel options?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest takl23

One will show up at the yoke, which you have now. The other show up as the throttle quadrant. You'll program them separately. I did the yoke first then the TQ. As an example, my two prop levers one is on the original yoke TQ and one is on the new TQ. Tim

Thanks for the reply.That's how I plan to set them up. 2 throttles,2 props, flaps and landing gear.I'm going to use the top toggles for autopilot switches and bottom toggles for lights,etc.Ron

I have two of them and they work great. I would suggest setting one for mixture instead of gear. Good luck and enjoy.Bruce

I hate to admit it but I use auto mixture.I'll probably set 2 levers on my CH yoke to mixture now that I have extra ones.Ron

I, also, have the Pro Yoke/quadrant plus an additional quadrant. Since I prefer to fly mostly 4-engine props and turbo-props I set mine up for 4 throttles, a common mixture axis and a common rpm axis. I use a registered version of FSUIPC to do all my axis and button assignments and can not say enough about the great capabilities that are offered by that single addon. I do not use the Saitek software....well I do, but only for my X-45 stick/throttle which I also have attached. The X-45 throttle axis is disabled as is the yoke x/y axis since I use the X-45 stick to fly. I use the buttons and switches that I had programmed into the X-45 setup before aquiring the Pro stuff and saw no reason not to keep those, as is. One of the planes I fly alot is the A2A B-377. Since I prefer to NOT have to use the mouse while in the VC, I developed a set of FSUIPC programming sets, a macro file and a multi-function lua plgin to assign the 12 dual momentary switches on the Pro quadrants to 60 swicthed functions. Basically I use one pair of switches to increment/decrement as value ( 0 to 5 ) that indicates what "control set" to use. Think of it as a "mode switch" or "pinkie switch" type of action used in the Saitek software. Each control set then assigns the other 10 switches to unique functions. This scheme can be expanded up to 256 "sets" should one be so inclined :) One of the functions of the lua plugin is to display the current control set and the functions assigned to each switch when the set value changes. All of this, as I mentioned, is done via the facilities of FSUIPC. here are two of my "control set maps" showing the setup for the A2A B-377 and the A2A P-47D. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi Paul,I am interested in your configuration. Can you explain how you program FSUIPC to control your set of switches with your "control set inc" and "decr" switches? What is a lua plugin?Thank you
I'll gather some files together to demonstrate the use. But in the meantime I suggest reading the FSUIPC PDF file"FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" and "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf".LUA is a open source programming facility that Pete Dowson has incorporated into the FSUIPC environment to furtherenhance its capabilities. It is much like the BASIC language of the past but with much more capability.For instance, here are two lua "plugins" that I use to implement reverse thrust in the A2A B-377.This one sends the "F1" keypress, followed by multiple "F2" keypresses after a short delay.This puts the 377 throttles to idle and then pulls them back into the full reverse zone.
i = 0 ipc.keypress(112) ipc.sleep(250)while i < 14 do ipc.keypress(113) ipc.keypress(113) ipc.keypress(113) ipc.sleep(50) i = i + 1end
This plugin causes the B-377 engines to exit the reverse pitch zone by advancingthe throttles with "F3" keypresses. These are required by the B-377 programming.Just moving the throttles won't do it.
i = 0while i < 15 do ipc.keypress(114) ipc.sleep(50) ipc.keypress(114) ipc.sleep(50) i = i + 1end
Here is a sample of the first "control set" programming for my B-377 setup.Note the use of the "=B66C0=0" structure. This refers to testing the user-definedbyte at offset "66C0" for the value of "0". If that is satisfied then the rest of thecommand line is processed. If it is "1", then a similar group of programming statements will be executed ( another control set ).The above is the KEY to defining "control sets".The commands at lines 12 and 13 cause the contents of offset "66C0" to beincremented or decremented with the max value of "5" ( 6 control sets )Statements with "CM:4" refer to a MACRO file containing definitions of various gauge local variables (L:Var) that are modified by the command.Think of these as special offsets or commands for FSX.Statements containing "CL" refer to lua plugin numbers to be executedwhen that switch/button is activated or released.
[buttons.Boeing Stratocruiser]!1=//SET 0 STARTUP SETUP0=B66C0=0 P3,14,CM4:19,0 //APU Start1=B66C0=0 U3,14,CM4:19,2 //APU GEN ON2=B66C0=0 P3,15,CM4:19,1 //APU OFF3=B66C0=0 P3,16,CM4:8,1 //PRIMER4=B66C0=0 U3,16,CM4:8,05=B66C0=0 P3,17,C65858,0 //PITOT HEAT6=B66C0=0 P3,18,CM4:7,1 //STARTER7=B66C0=0 P3,19,CM4:6,1 //BOOST8=B66C0=0 P0,0,C66340,0 //FUEL BOOST PUMP 19=B66C0=0 P0,1,C66341,0 //FUEL BOOST PUMP 210=B66C0=0 P0,2,C66342,0 //FUEL BOOST PUMP 3 11=B66C0=0 P0,3,C66343,0 //FUEL BOOST PUMP 412=P0,4,Cx510066C0,x00050001 //CONTROL SET INC Max = 5 Step = 113=P0,5,Cx610066C0,x00050001 //CONTROL SET DEC Max = 5 Step = 114=P3,20,CM4:5,1 //ADI ON15=U3,20,CM4:5,0 //ADI OFF16=P0,8,CL2:R,0 //REVERSE THRUST ON17=U0,8,CL1:R,0 //REVERSE THRUST OFF18=P2,10,C1079,0 //TYRAFFIC ZAPPER
This may seem complicated but once you experiment with the programming features of FSUIPC it will become a vary valuable "tool". Reading the FSUIPC documentationis a MUST, however.Also note that FSUIPC assigns numbers to attached joysticks and the buttons andswitches on each. these are user sdystem configuration dependent but are listed in the FSUIPC ini file by number vs common name.Likewise any lua plugins present and numbered and listed as well as any MACRO files.These numbers are seen above ( P0,14 P2,10 U3,20 CM4, CL2.... )here is a portion of my macro file, "MCRO extension", that defines what to dowith the L:VAR shown. SET means it to the value in the command.Toggle means change the state from 0to 1 or visa versa. CYCLIC meandincrement or decrement the current value by an amount contained in the command withinlimits stated in the command.
19=L:ApuStarterGenSwitch=SET20=L:OilTankSelector=CYCLIC21=L:RadioAltSwitchOn=TOGGLE22=L:RadioAltRange=TOGGLE
More later. Feel free to ask questions. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

hi Paul,Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am afraid that it is beyond my abilities.Cheers.
I might be able to help youIn FSUIPC there is a very detailed list of commands and functions you can assign to keyboard and joystick in response to your ctrl inc etc I have key presses set to inc and dec freq settings in my radios so I don't have to use the mouse. I use TrackIr and using the mouse was difficult unless I paused trackIR. There are all kind of options available this way.Ron

Question re. Saitek quadrant USB vs PS2 version (yoke system) and theirs levers and “0 button detent”.

I have both and realize that USB version has very soft “0 button detent” .

I can hardly feel when the thrust lever is in the lowest position or in reverse thrust

Whereas in the PS2 version “0 button detent” is firm very easy to distinguish two lever positions i.e. zero thrust and reverse thrust.

My doubts are whether I have bought faulty USB quadrant or it is normal in compare to PS2 quadrant.

If someone who has both quadrants could compare it on its own quadrants and let me

Thank you