Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Flickering mouse controls

Hi! I've tried searching for this but I find Avsim forum searches are so difficult.Up until a few days ago I used only the 2D panel for the MD11 then decided to try the VC. I'm getting used to it except for one thing that may be a fault on my system. When I need to turn a knob the position of the curved "hand" seems excessively sensitive and flickers a great deal when near the target, making quick setting changes nigh impossible. Does this happen to anyone else and if so, is there a fix please?I'm using FS9.1 on Win7 64bit and have the latest MD11 update installed. I have a Geforce 9600GT video card and am using Nvidia driver 195.62.Iain Smith

Nope, not a problem here and not one mentioned before that I can recall. I'd look for a windows setting for the cursor as a starting point until someone has a better idea.

Dan Downs KCRP

Disabling tool tips within FSX might help.
It's FS9 but I do have tooltips disabled. Good thought though so thanks for the response.Iain Smith
Nope, not a problem here and not one mentioned before that I can recall. I'd look for a windows setting for the cursor as a starting point until someone has a better idea.
I'll look at that, thanks Dan.Iain Smith

I get a little flicker too, but I think it's just from the mouse entering and exiting the sensitive clickspots on certain controls. I only fly in the VC (fs9) and some of the knob controls are a little difficult to operate at times, but I think that is due to the area around some of the knobs having a very precise clickspot. Some of these knobs like the heading knob also controls the banking degree adjustment area and as such is a bit of a tight area to work in without adjusting something you arent looking to adjust. Having active camera with a bit of head latency effect amplifies this too. I personally have gotten used to bringing up the 2D window to make speed, V/S and heading adjustments. Makes it alot easier. I think it's just more or less the price you have to pay for the level of functionality more than a problem. I have found that using the wheel to zoom in close to the control real quick for an adjustment makes the clickspots in some areas alot more manageable, then zooming right back out to normal. Just my own workaround from experience.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

I get a little flicker too, but I think it's just from the mouse entering and exiting the sensitive clickspots on certain controls. I only fly in the VC (fs9) and some of the knob controls are a little difficult to operate at times, but I think that is due to the area around some of the knobs having a very precise clickspot. Some of these knobs like the heading knob also controls the banking degree adjustment area and as such is a bit of a tight area to work in without adjusting something you arent looking to adjust. Having active camera with a bit of head latency effect amplifies this too. I personally have gotten used to bringing up the 2D window to make speed, V/S and heading adjustments. Makes it alot easier. I think it's just more or less the price you have to pay for the level of functionality more than a problem. I have found that using the wheel to zoom in close to the control real quick for an adjustment makes the clickspots in some areas alot more manageable, then zooming right back out to normal. Just my own workaround from experience.
Thanks Bill. Yes it's exactly as you describe. I'll try the zoom technique but I think your idea of bringing up the 2D panel for changes of heading, etc is a good one. I'll try them both before deciding whether to forget the VC altogether. Grateful for your response.Iain Smith