Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Mirrored Textures

Hi Carenado. Would it be possible to not use mirrored textures for the Skywagon? (Or any release down the line) It would make repainting a lot easier for end users. And your aircraft are fun to paint.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Carenado. Would it be possible to not use mirrored textures for the Skywagon? (Or any release down the line) It would make repainting a lot easier for end users. And your aircraft are fun to paint.
+100And please also make sure the textures are lined up properly. The ones on the Saratoga were not lined up and made repainting difficult.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Yes....I agree....And please no restrictions on where or how big the registration numbers can be on the fuse sides.....Jeff

Yes....I agree....And please no restrictions on where or how big the registration numbers can be on the fuse sides.....Jeff
Looking at the pics posted by Carenado, it appears like the reg. numbers can be of a proper size.Looking at the tail, a small skywagon logo is visible on the right side. I will guess that this logo also is applied on the left side.That make a chance for two tail textures (let's hope.... :( ).....And (finally) it will be possible to apply the ID under the wing again (without having it mirrored) :(

Looking at the pics posted by Carenado, it appears like the reg. numbers can be of a proper size.Looking at the tail, a small skywagon logo is visible on the right side. I will guess that this logo also is applied on the left side.That make a chance for two tail textures (let's hope.... :( ).....And (finally) it will be possible to apply the ID under the wing again (without having it mirrored) :(
If you check the pictures with the yellow livery, you can see that the skywagon logo is mirrored on one side (third picture) so it probably means mirrored textures again!

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Hi guys, thanks for all this feedback, which is not new. In the last time we have been hearing this kind of comments and have been adding this features to our products.In the C185 ALL the issued mentioned above are solved: not mirrored textures, textured lined up and registration number areas are not limited.Summarizing, you will be able to make any modification you want to the textures.Hope this clarifies and tranquilizes all the people.Fernando HerreraCarenado

Hi guys, thanks for all this feedback, which is not new. In the last time we have been hearing this kind of comments and have been adding this features to our products.In the C185 ALL the issued mentioned above are solved: not mirrored textures, textured lined up and registration number areas are not limited.Summarizing, you will be able to make any modification you want to the textures.Hope this clarifies and tranquilizes all the people.Fernando HerreraCarenado
This is great news.....Off to "Airliners.net".....HEHEHEHEHE.....I'm really looking forward to this one!"Hope this clarifies and tranquilizes all the people." It's hard not to be excited about this new release...It will take a pretty strong pill to settle me down!Thanks guys....Jeff

Great news Fernando - good work! :( Now we can focus on the small details, making the liveries as real as possible..... :(

Another great developer listening to customers.Thanks again!! :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Dimus

Hello there!I regret that my first post here is kind of a complaint but I always loved Carenado products until I tried my hand at repainting my own favorite 152 of my club that I realised that I can not apply the registration number at the correct size and I have to shrink it to fit. I also can not apply lettering on the nose and the fin fillet as they would be mirrored. This was a big dissapointment.I see that the Skywagon now has full textures and not mirrored ones. Is there any chance that Carenado may remap the previous models like the 152 and 172 to use full textures for both sides? I could then make all the planes of my club correctly and I'm sure others would also produce better repaints from the thousands of Cessnas out there. In any case, as I said, besides repainting, I love your products. Thanks again for the great work you do.