Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyingBits

Will this replace FSX or all Flightsims?

I'm sold, and ready to buy. It doesn't look like they're ready to take my moolah.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest FlyingBits
I'm sold, and ready to buy. It doesn't look like they're ready to take my moolah.
I'm with you brother, but that thing will probably be $1200 and up!

Guest WarpAir

If you strip the video of the fancy heavy beat music Then you remove the stylish design of the gadgetsWhat you left with is a Radio controlled Flying object, and they have been around for years. I mean remote controlled planes.

Guest FlyingBits
If you strip the video of the fancy heavy beat music Then you remove the stylish design of the gadgetsWhat you left with is a Radio controlled Flying object, and they have been around for years. I mean remote controlled planes.
Your kidding right?Been flying RC for years, but nothing this cool!Flying by HD camera, stable easy hovering, detects terrain...using iphone app to control! How many 5 channel controlers you ever seen that can fit in your pockit? And that have a nice display to boot? LOL!

Someone invented very cute and seemingly easy to control flying toy.But I don't see its relevance to flight simulation.

Guest FlyingBits
It might replace FS for those who see what we do as playing airplane, but not for those who take flight simulation seriously.On the other hand, something like this could sure gather traction rather quickly - stunning video of what flight graphics could look like:Turn your speakers waaay up and click here.Stephen
True, but just think, it could probably go get your morning newspaper, fetch a cup of joe or a cold brew. Dont have to climb up a ladder to see if the gutters need cleaning and of course makes spying on the women in the neighbors pool a bit more fun!

Guest Aviator4life

Pretty sure that no realworld student pilot or instrument rated GA pilot will be using this to practice procedures anytime soon."But I don't see its relevance to flight simulation." - 'michal'True that.It is a very nice rc controlled vehicle though with an even more impressive control method, no doubt about it.All I can really say is that realworld flying has never removed my interest or use of pc based flight simulators so I seriously don't think an rc vehicle will.Best regards all. :(

I wonder how long the batteries last in it. Fly for 5 minutes...recharge for 2 hours? :(

Rick Ryan

Has nothing to do with flight simming, so no, it won't replace FSX. And btw I don't really like the idea of 1. various of these things flying around the streets: pretty dangerous and 2. various of these things watching me without me knowing it... invading my and anyone's privacy... I wouldn't be surprised if these things would be forbidden because of those two reasons.

Guest FlyingBits
I wonder how long the batteries last in it. Fly for 5 minutes...recharge for 2 hours? :(
It says 15 minutes