I'm using Saitek Throttle Quadrant (Single Engine), & I like it very much, since I 'm considering to move to Twin-Engine, I'm wondering if Saitek came out with Multi Engine version, (don't really like the one that CH came with) & if not, who else is offering Multi-Engine Throttle QuadrantAny idea.TnxYair

You can add a second throttle quadrant. that's what I did. It works great! $50 is fairly cheap too.
.... u mean to get another single Saitek TQ ? and if that is what u mean how do I :A. Swap the Lever Heads to get them in the right order ,left for the Throttle, middle for the Prop, right for the Mixture ?B. Configure the 2 singles so they will fill & operate (properly) like 1 Multi (to Control twin Prop) ?

.... u mean to get another single Saitek TQ ? and if that is what u mean how do I :A. Swap the Lever Heads to get them in the right order ,left for the Throttle, middle for the Prop, right for the Mixture ?B. Configure the 2 singles so they will fill & operate (properly) like 1 Multi (to Control twin Prop) ?
A. Pull them off and put them in the order you wish.B. FS9 assignments or better yet, FSUIPC registered version.Jim D.

A. Pull them off and put them in the order you wish.B. FS9 assignments or better yet, FSUIPC registered version.Jim D.
Just to clarify, the colored knobs on the levers are only pushed on and can be pulled off and placed on a different lever. Jim D.

Just to clarify, the colored knobs on the levers are only pushed on and can be pulled off and placed on a different lever. Jim D.
.. OK guys. I think I start to get the idea. so A. I should buy another TQ. no big deal B. I'll have to pulled the colored Knobs and swap them. Hopefully I won't brake anythingC. Next. is going to FSUIP & reconfigure those 2 TQ. Never did anything like this before, so I guess this will be the hardest part of the whole TQ Operation ..... hooommmmm, wonder if there is any thread about this staff .... cheers Yair

.. OK guys. I think I start to get the idea. so A. I should buy another TQ. no big deal B. I'll have to pulled the colored Knobs and swap them. Hopefully I won't brake anythingC. Next. is going to FSUIP & reconfigure those 2 TQ. Never did anything like this before, so I guess this will be the hardest part of the whole TQ Operation ..... hooommmmm, wonder if there is any thread about this staff .... cheers Yair
Lots of info here on AVSIM. Just do a search first and then if you haven't been able to set it up correctly, post you questions and we can help. But for your own benefit do the research first.Jim D.

I try not to move the heads too often. I'm concerned that pulling up on them too much without due care can damage the electronics if not the plastic levers themselves.scott s..

..cool. u guys are awesome ......I sure gonna research the Forum before moving to the Twine Engine (I really like my Little Mooney M20J, but it's about time to move on ) .... hey Scott. any special technique to move those knobs ?????????

..cool. u guys are awesome ......I sure gonna research the Forum before moving to the Twine Engine (I really like my Little Mooney M20J, but it's about time to move on ) .... hey Scott. any special technique to move those knobs ?????????
If you're concerned about possible damage, I don't "snap" them onto the lever by pushing them down all the way. Just put them on and fust before they click in. You can then change them all you want without worry.Jim D.

If you're concerned about possible damage, I don't "snap" them onto the lever by pushing them down all the way. Just put them on and fust before they click in. You can then change them all you want without worry.
That's probably not a bad idea. I just try to be very careful, pull straight up and don't push too hard down. I've kind of left mine at "black black red red black black" for a while and not bother swapping in/out the blues.scott s..

.. I'll keep it mind & tnx again for all your help & advices. Yair

I'm using Saitek Throttle Quadrant (Single Engine), & I like it very much, since I 'm considering to move to Twin-Engine, I'm wondering if Saitek came out with Multi Engine version, (don't really like the one that CH came with) & if not, who else is offering Multi-Engine Throttle QuadrantAny idea.TnxYair
Out of curiosity, why do you not like the CH quadrant? Performance? Looks? The reason I am asking is because I am a bit dissatisfied with the saitek system myself after having multiple ghost switch problems. I finally stabilized my system using FSUIP 4 but it is a pain. My yoke never is quite stable and needs recalibration every so often. Its gonna be CH products for me in the future. When I spoke to the people at one of our local pilots supply shop, they said that CH products were preferred by the pilots and I understand that the quadrant also mimics real twin engine AC more realistically.

Out of curiosity, why do you not like the CH quadrant? Performance? Looks? The reason I am asking is because I am a bit dissatisfied with the saitek system myself after having multiple ghost switch problems. I finally stabilized my system using FSUIP 4 but it is a pain. My yoke never is quite stable and needs recalibration every so often. Its gonna be CH products for me in the future. When I spoke to the people at one of our local pilots supply shop, they said that CH products were preferred by the pilots and I understand that the quadrant also mimics real twin engine AC more realistically.
MY goof, I guess you meant the three levers sitting on top of the CH yoke.

I had a system with the CH Products yoke, throttle quadrant and the pedals and I ended giving up everything away for free! Instead I bought the Saitek Pro Flight system with an extra throttle unit and the rudder. The only thing I really felt was better with the CH Product unit was the grip on the yoke, everything else IMHO is better with the Saitek. To me the saitek throttle feels much more sturdier and the levers are bigger and moves a longer distance, so they feel more like "a fistful of power". With the CH Products throttle quadrant, I was always afraid of breaking one of the levers. Functionally they are completely the same- both have two way switches under each lever, a detent level activating a key board command to which you can assign reverse thrust. The Saitek has a much better way of fixating the unit to the table - both the yoke and the throttle. The CH Products yoke on the other hand often ended up in my lap when I pulled backwards. The CH Products pedals sticks better to my floor but the feel of the Saitek units besides that are much better.My Saitek yoke had a very annoying problem though which caused it to change view all the time. The same as you I suppose and I had to have it replaced twice before I finally got it working. Now I am very happy with it and I don't have to live with the annoying levers on top of the CH products yoke that made it much more difficult to place in a nice position.Well, as you can tell I prefer the Saitek units but perhaps it's just me! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------