Sign in to follow this  
Rakham

Installing Fly!2 on Vista 64 bits

Good evening,After having struggled for several hours to install Fly!2 Mac version on my MacBook Pro 17" without any successI have decided to install the PC version on a Gateway with Vista 64 bits.I find also many problems here.1) should I install within Program Files or Program Files (86) folder?2) where can I get all the patches since they are no more available in the Avsim's library?Let us start with this first.Thanks very much for your kind attentionRakham

Guest 3cffts

Hi,I have the patches available to update the original Fly! II PC Version if needed. What I have done regarding installation directory is to create a new folder as C:\FlyII which I have found speeds access to Fly!II files.Regret I have no experience with Vista as I am still using WinXP.Cheers,Brian

Brian,Thank you very much for your attention.I believe it is more difficult to install with Vista. Many years ago, I was with Fly!2 and Win 98 and XP!Any way I have been searching in the meantime and I tried to install Fly!2 on my second HD. I have a terrabite laptop Gateway.So it lays now on the D:\ drive.I went back to all my old CD's and found the patches and they installed well this time. So one should not install it on Program Files(86). Well, I think so :( Now, a new problem is my display. Normally I use 1920x1200. But planes are thin and long. Not good indeed. So I need some suggestions here.I can't access control F1 key! :( No idea how to solve this. I think it open a graphic menu.Thanks againRegardsRakham

Ok little by little it comes to normal.I went to see the FAQ from Fly!2 on the top and made all changes like it says in the fly.ini and render.iniI also changed the resolution as it says to 1900x1200 and I get a beautiful full screen image with the planeperfectly realistic. Except for the panel!!! :( I still can not activate control+F1 and also I do not remember how to show the fps.Rakham

I got the solution for displaying the fps. Tab key :( But still no control+F1 :( Rakham

Guest 3cffts

Hi,I looked at buying a widescreen monitor when I changed from my old CRT. However, I also found that I could not get round panel gauges to be anything other than oval. They did not appeal to me so I bought a used monitor with the 4:3 screen for use with Fly!. If you should find a way to display the panel in proper proportions on a widescreen I would like to know how it is done. Sorry, I can't be of help.Brian.

Good evening,After having struggled for several hours to install Fly!2 Mac version on my MacBook Pro 17" without any successI have decided to install the PC version on a Gateway with Vista 64 bits.I find also many problems here.1) should I install within Program Files or Program Files (86) folder?2) where can I get all the patches since they are no more available in the Avsim's library?Let us start with this first.Thanks very much for your kind attentionRakham
I had no issues installing in Vist 64 by just running the CD. It installed to the Program Files (64) andworks great! When I run FlyII, I change the res on my monitor to the same as FLYII max (I think it is 1024v768) works great!Here is my original post:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249875Best! regards,Earl