Sign in to follow this  
Guest takl23

Winds Aloft and Change Are Way Too Strong

Guest takl23

I've used ASX for a long time, made the jump to ASA over the weekend, but the wind changes are so awful it overstress my airframe. Once it put me in such a spin and had g-effects enabled I had a red out. I've enabled smoothing and even made some changed in my registered copy of FSUIPC. None of this has happened in ASX to me ever. Thoughts?

Hi,Is DWC On or Off in ASA? If it is On, then do not use the smoothing through FSUIPC. If it is Off, then use FSUIPC exclusively for smoothing.What plane? Some planes are known to be more sensitive to the ASA data.Flight plan processed?Create Additional stations on in ASA?Enhanced Route Coverage On in ASA?Dynamic Rate of Change slider set to zero?Please let us know.

Guest takl23
Hi,Is DWC On or Off in ASA? If it is On, then do not use the smoothing through FSUIPC. If it is Off, then use FSUIPC exclusively for smoothing.What plane? Some planes are known to be more sensitive to the ASA data.Flight plan processed?Create Additional stations on in ASA?Enhanced Route Coverage On in ASA?Dynamic Rate of Change slider set to zero?Please let us know.
Aircraft has been the AFG King Air 300.It doesn't matter whether I use the flight plan feature or not.Create additional stations are offEnhanced route coverage is offDWC is on right now, but I've gone both ways with it.Tim

Hi,Leave DWC On.Put Create Additional Stations OnPut Enhanced Route Coverage OnPut the Dynamic Rate of Change slider at zero %.Try a flight with a default plane around the same size.Make sure if you have FSUIPC installed, that it is set to Default Settings and Weather Settings Off.

Hi,Leave DWC On.Put Create Additional Stations OnPut Enhanced Route Coverage OnPut the Dynamic Rate of Change slider at zero %.Try a flight with a default plane around the same size.Make sure if you have FSUIPC installed, that it is set to Default Settings and Weather Settings Off.
Morning.Are you refering to the rate of change on FSX or the Active Weather settings? I too have been really really buffetted around the skys and have watched my Citation II literally pushed backwards. Thankfully I didn't make a crater and no "sims" died.Mark

Hi,The Dynamic Rate of Change Slider in ASA overrides the FSX setting so, in ASA.

Hi,The Dynamic Rate of Change Slider in ASA overrides the FSX setting so, in ASA.
Thanks. This is a great add-on. And maybe, in the future, will be the only way to get live weather if Jeppensen keeps headed the way they seem to be going.73Mark