Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

EditVoicePack X 4.0.....

Anyone using this new version for FSX successfully?I have many AI add-ons such as the HTAI Cessna's and many MAIW A/C as well as Flight 1's UT2...UT2 semed to add many A/C callsigns but was wondering if it would be safe to use EVP X 4.0 with my current FSX install to add many MAIW Mil Callsigns (included in the packages) without losing my UT2 call signs?Thanks!

Chris Camp

4.0 Works great with FSX. However, I don't believe you can add your own voice files. I couldn't find anyplace on the interface that allows this. In fact, I seem to remember that there is an explanation included with the help files. So, you might have to add your personal voice files in FS9 (and the EditVoicePack version for that software) and then import the main voice pack file into FSX.You might want to check that out though.fb

4.0 Works great with FSX. However, I don't believe you can add your own voice files. I couldn't find anyplace on the interface that allows this. In fact, I seem to remember that there is an explanation included with the help files. So, you might have to add your personal voice files in FS9 (and the EditVoicePack version for that software) and then import the main voice pack file into FSX.You might want to check that out though.fb
Yes, all of the MAIW Packages appear to come with FS9 Voice Packs that I believe you can "Import" into EvP X....I just want to make sure installing and running EvP X won't break my current FSX voices due to my add-ons like UT2...?Does EvP X automatically back up your FSX VP files???THANKS!

Chris Camp

Yes, all of the MAIW Packages appear to come with FS9 Voice Packs that I believe you can "Import" into EvP X....I just want to make sure installing and running EvP X won't break my current FSX voices due to my add-ons like UT2...?Does EvP X automatically back up your FSX VP files???THANKS!
Just maually back up the ATC folder from the Sounds folder of FSX - replace it if things go awry.

Regards, Kendall

I have EvP 4.0 installed together with My Traffic X 5.2b - no serious probs there. In fact, I consider it a major enhancement :-)

YE , its great for speeding uop ATC voics so you can actually get a word in at those crowded airports

Editvoicepak works great in FSX. It calls out airline names and uses continental phrases. Really adds to the realism and has caused me zero headaches...and to think that it is freeware to boot! :)Stephen

Is there a good tutorial for EvP X 4.0? Preferably in "Adobe" format with pics... :(

Chris Camp