Sign in to follow this  

What's up with the SSW A310?????

As huge of a fiasco as this whole release was, I'm gonna have to agree with the person who said that it's ridiculous to ask for a refund before even activating the panel. Did you really pay $37 just for a visual model? To me a package's panel is EVERYTHING. Look at 767PIC - the default model that comes with it is an absolute dog built partialy using scenery files, yet no one cares (or they use the POSKY model) because the panel is so freaking amazing. Which part of a package is harder to produce, the panel or the visual model? I think this is answered quite easily by the fact that there's tons of awesome freeware visual models but almost ZERO fully functional freeware airliner panels. Writing an FMC is not easy - go take a look at the FS2002 SDK and see if you see anything in there about programming complex airliner glass displays and things like FMCs and fly-by-wire. It's not there - they have to come up with the method on their own. With this A310, I could care less what the outside looks like as long as the systems are modelled well and the flight dynamics are good. I'm definitely waiting for some actual reviews on this A310, but if they say the panel is up to the level of PIC, then I'll definitely get it.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Why send for my registration code if I know in the back of my mind that the visual model gets on my nerves?Personally, I spend more time painting then flying :-lol But on occasion I do like to "dive" (no pun intended) into some really in-depth manuals/panels.Predominantly though I am a visual guy. This is important to me more then the panel...although I do LOVE a good VC. ;) But we're talking about $37 here, not, say $15.Also, I know that if I activate the software then it will be harder to get a refund. That is why I check over things visually first. If the visual model is good but the panel has a few bugs here and there it is ok.....I have seen a lot more panel patches then model patches!!If/when I get a refund I will keep an eye on this product and SSW. If it progresses to a point where I think it should be visually to facilitate a cost of $37 then maybe I'll re-purchase. But I must admit, the way customer service is and the things they (SSW) have done don't bode to well with me as a consumer. Look above for a list.If the panel ends up being as good as it is "claimed" to be by SSW then I wouldn't mind just purchasing the panel at a reduced cost. I like the VC a lot but I can live without it...and so can my credit card. :-lolI hope you guys understand my position.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Actually, PIC 767 was for MSFS2000...That's why it's model is weird. Now we already have FS2004, but A310 is only for 2002...I even don't want to think about how much pathces we'll need to get it work under 2004...:) And I repeat - SSW A310 is not a registered product. So, they even can't take money for it...:)

And guys...You forgot about liveries...:) As far as I see, SSW is going to repeat PSS's success in selling packs of textures at about $15-$30. :) That's why they already organize textures in packs...

>And guys...You forgot about liveries...:) As far as I see,>SSW is going to repeat PSS's success in selling packs of>textures at about $15-$30. :) That's why they already organize>textures in packs...Omg....Are you serious???That's ridiculous...

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>>And guys...You forgot about liveries...:) As far as I see,>>SSW is going to repeat PSS's success in selling packs of>>textures at about $15-$30. :) That's why they already>organize>>textures in packs...>>>Omg....>>Are you serious???>>>That's ridiculous...Yes, I'm serious. Why not? PSS sells liveries in packs, then why SSW can't? I don't see any other reason to make packs of textures. If they were free, then they would make a page, where you can download ANY of them. But no - you have to download a pack to install only one you like...:(

Guest Tinkan

Judge, I don't know what you are talking about. There is so much not true stuff that you and Shane have said in this thread that it would take too long to argue. First off, selling packs of textures? Please tell me where you see any evidence of this at all, have you been to the registered users page? I highly doubt it because I can and have already downloaded every A310 livery (pack of textures) that have up on the site. All 16 of them.Secondly regarding the Dirk98 character that you swear is a SSW person, did you read anything that he has said? Or are you just trying to look so smart without thinking logically, the guy has said numerous times that he lives in Moscow and just stopped by their offices (they have given out their phone number and address before so this isn't too far-fetched) and got a CD burnt with the setup file on it. It may seem suspicious but only if you read what you want to read.. I ask you to go back to their forums and read everything that he's said.. you ultimately make your own call which will probably be totally different from mine judging on the other stuff you have said in this thread.Now what I ask of all readers of this thread here at AVSIM don't let this thread led by 2 (only 2, it seems like alot more) have your mind made up by these two, do more research before you give up on this promising plane, which I truly enjoy. Their address is http://www.simsoftworkshop.com if you want more information.

Guest Tinkan

Reading the last two posts you guys made I don't understand what you're talking about :(Care to clarify?

What did I say that wasn't true?I'd like to know....I must be lieing without my knowledge again.:-roll

Ark

Tinkan, you obviously missed the pictures of "Dirks room" and how it bears a striking resemblance to the one with an SSW guy sitting in it.

Ark

Guest Tinkan

I did see the pictures of Dirk's setup which was quite nice I must admit. Where are the picture of the SSW guy's room? I would like to see them.

Well, about packs of textures I know. But - I was speaking about future releases of new textures. Why not? If you want people to buy anything you first make a free demonstration. If they will keep textures free - that will be great. But after all I don't belive in that...

Hey Tinkan, take a look:http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=search#124114Hmm.....That picture with the gentleman was taken from the SSW forums earlier in development before the picture was deleted. I'm not sure which guy it is...maybe SSW1. It's in the thread in the link.

Ark

>I did see the pictures of Dirk's setup which was quite nice I>must admit. Where are the picture of the SSW guy's room? I>would like to see them. Here they are. Compare...:)http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/24248.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/24249.jpgFirst one is from Dirk98's posts. Second one is from www.flightsim.ru (temporarely close now) Mr. Prochukhanov's topic "Let's now each other" representing Mr. Protchukhanov himself at his computer.

I'm still waiting to hear what I posted that fell under the heading "not true stuff".

Ark