Sign in to follow this  

What's up with the SSW A310?????

This REALLY bothers me!Why does the freeware version have dynamic shine and cockpit glass reflections (externally)......but the payware version doesn't????That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.The SSW A310 is Harald Nehrings OLD A310 Model......it isn't even his Version 3...in fact, it's Version 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is ridiculous! Why would you release an OLD Model version with a payware product?????I'm sorry for going off like this but this really irks me. Selling Version 1 with extra stuff and giving away Version 3.....really nice.So I guess it was true....we did pay $37 for a panel.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Bump!

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yeah, that's seems to be truth. But I've heard that they made visual model from a scratch...But it seems like they made minimal corrections to Harald Nehrings A310...How do you like A310 panel and dynamics, Shane?

Hey Judge!Don't know yet...I haven't sent away for my registration code yet so the panel isn't complete. And I haven't flown her yet either...the first thing I noticed was the fact that this was Version 1 of Haralds Freeware Model (they could of at least used Version 3 for crying out loud).I really want to know why Version 1 is being used when Version 3 has been out for quite a while.I just don't believe in paying $37 for a panel alone.....and that is exactly what I just did (the aircraft...actually the better model is free).I'll just use Haralds Version 3 model with that A310 panel here in the library.Charging $37 for a model based on an OLD Version with no dynamic shine etc..doesn't fly with me (no pun intended). Not to mention on thier site the gallary shows the aircraft with External Cockpit Glass Reflections but in the actual product they don't exist. Of course there is no way to know this stuff until you actually download the product. What a joke.If I don't get a response from support about the Dyanamic Shine, External Cockpit glass reflections, and the Version 3 model I'm asking for a refund.:(

Ark

Yes, I belive you are right....Well, maybe we'll be able to install their panel into Haralds Version 3, but of course it is stupid to pay $37 for a product, which you have to tune by yourself after purchase...:( There are also problems with Windows 2000 users and this A310 and some old GeForces, like GeForce2MX...Or with something else...Some users has following problem - they cannot use flaps or spoilers - on panel flaps indicator sets to requested value, but on model - no changes! This proofs the fact of Version 1 model with slightly incorrectly installed new panel...

Yeah, I am disappointed to say the least.I like the VC but with all this other nonsense I just can't justify the $37.:(

Ark

Well, I requested a refund.I haven't sent away for a registration code yet so there shouldn't be any problems getting a refund.This product was VERY disappointing IMO and I just can't see paying $37 for a panel.Lets see if they actually respond.......

Ark

>Well, I requested a refund.>>I haven't sent away for a registration code yet so there>shouldn't be any problems getting a refund.>>This product was VERY disappointing IMO and I just can't see>paying $37 for a panel.>>>>Lets see if they actually respond.......Well, I talked to my friends in Russia, and they say that model is actually designed by SSW...But it's very similiar to that of Harald...Anyway, $37 for a plane with so much bugs is too much for me too...

>>Well, I requested a refund.>>>>I haven't sent away for a registration code yet so there>>shouldn't be any problems getting a refund.>>>>This product was VERY disappointing IMO and I just can't see>>paying $37 for a panel.>>>>>>>>Lets see if they actually respond.......>>Well, I talked to my friends in Russia, and they say that>model is actually designed by SSW...But it's very similiar to>that of Harald...Anyway, $37 for a plane with so much bugs is>too much for me too...Hmmm, one of the SSW guys, SSW1 I believe, came out here in the forums and said that they had always been open to people about letting them know that Harald was involved with the project. It is pretty obvious they modified it quite extensively (opening doors, VC) but overall it is nothing more then a "glittzy Version 1 Model".I hope I get the refund....$37 is a lot of money for an add-on aircraft with this many issues/disappointments.Another thing that bugs me is that I still can't post in thier forums...even after SSW1 emailed me back and asked for my information.*sigh*

Ark

Guest Tim

HiI think it looks quite different to Harald's V1 model. OK - it hasn't got the dynamic shine etc, but I think the actual visual model looks different to Harald's freeware models.Tim

You are correct, there are differences...but not $37 in differences. And the panel/VC alone doesn't justify the $37 cost.I wish it did...I had really high hopes for this product!!:(I also just noticed that every time I enter the "Registered Users Area" my number of available downloads decreases......whether or not I download anything.

Ark

Well, I'm getting too tired to speak about SSW...We have seen everything already - delays, pushes of release date, problems with downloads...Now we finally get it - and get even more problems! I don't want even to think about how many bugs could we find inside A310...I actually decided to refund after Dirk98's messages...SSW doesn't worth to earn money on us due to their attempts to fool us. Even if A310 was completely bugless and perfect. I don't like people who fool me. And now I got new message from Russia - they doesn't support their customers! One of them had permanent troubles, and the only answer he got was "We don't know, nobody else has such problems, as you do! So we won't do anything". Cool, yeah? They only support customers when they all have same problems...

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Overall it would appear SSW have tried to shaft many and from a great height. SSW1 did indeed come on here and say it was Haralds model who graciously accepted SSW's offer to become involved. He also claimed it was no secret.Now for the other poster Judge to come along and say he's been in contact and the statement they made to him, leaves me to believe SSW simply cannot be trusted and probably even less where money is involved. Not wanting to scare people but with the actions taken by them or lack of them, now the lies, will the issues raised in respect of bugs ever be resolved ?I thinks it's time for SSW to show the cards. $37.00 for a panel is a ridiculous amount of money, $37.00 paid in good faith for an untested product, then only to be lied to shows nothing but utter contempt for the customer.There was a time where I almost felt a little sorry for SSW, on reading this, they don't deserve my custom and would warn potential customers to tread very carefully.A sad state of affairs overall.Ash.

The worst thing in SSW A310 is it's protection. I hate products, that use some of my hardware parts numbers as keys. Cause it makes a lot of problems when you decide to install new hardware. And, they didn't test their protection software on different OSes...Due to that now many people has BSODs, lockups, and even "Kernel Mode Traps". I can make a conclusion that SSW's are totally incompetent in writing drivers for Windows. And why the hell they wrote Kernel-mode driver???

I agree, this whole fiasco is just plain sad...Pushing releases...Pretending to be somebody else.....Basing the product on relatively dated Freeware....Cumbersome and Ridiculously long times to get registered.....Poor customer service.....Bugs...bugs...and more bugs...High cost, low return..........:(

Ark