Sign in to follow this  
AlphaInfinity

RNAV Approaches/FMC Configuration

Hi all,I asked this question first on the Captain Sim forums but didn't get any response back so I am throwing the question out here to see if anybody will take a shot at the answer:I do quite a few flights from KSEA to KMSO or KFCA(which is now KGPI). Normally, I follow the MLP STAR for an ILS11 landing in KMSO. I would like to try the RNAV11-Y approach using the TERZO transition to set me down on R11. I selected my RNAV(radio navigation) approach in the FMC on the dep/arrival page and instead of selecting an ILS11 approach I select RNAV but I don't see the new waypoints on the NAV display nor do I see them on the FMC. Is this normal behavior and do I need to program the route manually? The RNAV approaches do appear on the dep/arrival but it doesn't populate the waypoints into the FMC or NAV display.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I assume you're trying it with one of the Captain Sim birds. You are right in assuming that loading an RNAV approach in the FMS should load the waypoints. I gave it a try in the CS757, and sure enough it doesn't work. I tried it in the LDS 767 and the approach showed up exactly as it should. I'm not sure if it's a bug in the CS757 or in the navigraph fms data. I've got cycle 0912.Fun approach, though. I'd never tried Missoula before - thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I assume you're trying it with one of the Captain Sim birds. You are right in assuming that loading an RNAV approach in the FMS should load the waypoints. I gave it a try in the CS757, and sure enough it doesn't work. I tried it in the LDS 767 and the approach showed up exactly as it should. I'm not sure if it's a bug in the CS757 or in the navigraph fms data. I've got cycle 0912.Fun approach, though. I'd never tried Missoula before - thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Hi NewChucky,Are you finding that ALL RNAV approaches with the CS 767 are currently not working or just the KMSO RNAV approaches?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

It's the 757 for me (I suspect the fmc is pretty much identical code, though), but I haven't tried any other RNAV approaches recently in the CS757. I don't fly it that much these days, and I usually do the traditional navigation approaches. I'll try shooting a few and see.

I've tried to load a few more, but no joy. I'm not sure if this is Captain Sim's fault, or Navigraph's. It might be worth mentioning on the Navigraph support forum. I didn't see any posts there about it, but I only did a cursory search.

I've tried to load a few more, but no joy. I'm not sure if this is Captain Sim's fault, or Navigraph's. It might be worth mentioning on the Navigraph support forum. I didn't see any posts there about it, but I only did a cursory search.
Thanks Chucky. I posted in the Navigraph support area as well as the captain sim forums. I am running 0913.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png