Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taliwalida

PMDG 747 panel not working

Guest Taliwalida

hey, i have recently purchased the pmdg 747 package online and installed it. when i started the game and selected the aircraft for the first time it asked me to confirm some changes which i accepted. When i loaded the aircraft and started the game i realized the 2d and 3d panels wernt working properly. All of the led displays were just blacked out and many of the buttons did not respond/work such as the battery switch, apu switches etc so i could not even get any power to start up from 'cold and dark'. The problem is the same weather i start cold and dark or already powered up and ready to go on the runway...plz if anyone has had a similar problem or knows what i could possibly do let me know...p.s i dloaded and paid for the full package and successfully validated the product during installation (i have seen many posts that refer to blank displays as a validation problem)

Please sign your full name in this forum.Yeah, dark displays are usually an authenication problem but it could also be a problem with the C++ runtime library (I think), which might be fixed if you run the installer again and select repair. Also, if you have Vista or W7 you have to ensure you run installers with admin rights. A little more info from you might help such as type OS and confirm you are talking about the FSX version.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Taliwalida

Hey,my OS is Vista and yes i am refering to the FSX version. I have tried to run the installer again and tried repairing it. i also tried to uninstall the PMDG and reinstall it and still no luck :( however i dont recall it reinstalling the C++ thing (it did the first time i installed the PMDG but not when i repaird/reinstalled)perhaps its a program on its on whichi could reinstall??? thanks,Tal Frumerman

After the installer repairs the 747X, you should get the box for repairing the VS2008 C++ redistributal. Select repair.

Dan Downs KCRP

Probably pay to 'Run as Administator' too and turn off the antivirus before installing. Vista doesn't like external programs.John Ellison

Yeah, I've got the UAC turned off. I don't like nanny-software (or governments).

Dan Downs KCRP

I got the same problem. It's really annoying! I'd be really thankful if anyone got a solution!

I got the same problem. It's really annoying! I'd be really thankful if anyone got a solution!

The solutions are in the 4 year old posts above yours.

Peter Schluter

A. The solution (or so you say) is in French and I haven't a clue on what's being said other than I can tell you a lot of the posts mention Aerosoft.

B. Doing a suggested repair does not fix the problem.

C. How can it go from working one day to not working at all the next?

I have the original in the Boxed version and it's been a very long time since I installed it.  It worked perfectly for the past couple of years and now all of  a sudden it no longer works.  I also had PMDG's Jetstream 4100 (which I was only barely impressed with) so decided to uninstall it. I'm wondering if that has something to do with my 747X has this issue.  I would love to take a look at other possible fixes, but like I said, I don't understand french..

hey, i have recently purchased the pmdg 747 package online and installed it. when i started the game and selected the aircraft for the first time it asked me to confirm some changes which i accepted. When i loaded the aircraft and started the game i realized the 2d and 3d panels wernt working properly. All of the led displays were just blacked out and many of the buttons did not respond/work such as the battery switch, apu switches etc so i could not even get any power to start up from 'cold and dark'. The problem is the same weather i start cold and dark or already powered up and ready to go on the runway...plz if anyone has had a similar problem or knows what i could possibly do let me know...p.s i dloaded and paid for the full package and successfully validated the product during installation (i have seen many posts that refer to blank displays as a validation problem)

Alright, I tried to re-install the Service Pack 2/Acceleration pack, and it worked, luckily!