Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

How is Flight1 Iron knuckle DC-9?

Guest Marvel

hi, I'm interested in this plane cause Analogue panel is my thing, I would like to hear your opiniun on the accuracy of system simulation and overall system dependance. Is it possible to have some emergencies? I'm currently waiting and downloading SSW A310 without success (pre-ordered it 3 months ago). I just can't imagine what make them pulling out the non-resumable download joke . Flight1 still has the best software distribution system IMO.

Guest Boone

It is ultimately a great package. Systems are modelled accurately and you'll be kept extremely busy keeping all the warning lights off! She fly's like you'd imagine this heavy iron would. The model is gorgeous and light on the frames. VC is good but on the downside many of the gauges are not modelled. There are a couple of good reviews here and at Flightsim.com. They are very fair and accurate. If you want a greater challenge though go for Captain Sim's 727. Now there's a beast.Regards,Boone

Hi Boone,The systems are NOT modelled accurately, it contains a few major flaws. If you use a real Dc9er checklist you won't be able to get it in the air, or even start the engines.Still it is a nice pacakage with great graphics.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest Marvel

tnx for your opiniun, I've read both review long time ago at flightsim.com and here, maybe I'll buy this plane next month (I have to control my expenses). As of CS727, I beleave you alright it's a great plane (I don't have it thought) but unfortunately I draw a line just before any plane which use more than 2 cockpit crew cause it's not very realistic to play all 3 rolls.

Guest Boone

You don't have to act as all 3 crew in Captain Sim. You can choose to model as many systems as you like. With Iron Knuckles you get warnings for all crew members, including flight engineer responsibilities.It is a fun package, but may not be 100% accurate, as mentioned above. But it is a game after all.Regards,Boone

The systems ARE modelled accurately, but in some cases somewhat simplified as it was never meant to be as complete as the Meridian or the VMax 747.What there is works as it should, but not everything is there.Nice aircraft for a decent price. Flies good (once you get to know her, it's no 737 or 777), and far more handson without an FMC or GPS to fly for you.

Guest cw1011

I'll add to the chorus. It's a good package. With regard to system fidelity, it is no PIC - especially the electrical systems. But that does not bother me much. I don't have the time to do a full hour of pre-flight, ten minutes to let the INS spin up, etc. Others do - I don't. What is good is that you can use real speed cards and thrust charts to set your V-Speeds, flap settings etc. as long as you use N1% and not the engine pressure gauges. The plane flies pretty true to real-life thrust charts and is stable and a very good hand flyer. Invest in some high altitude en-route charts if you want to fly online. You will need the intercept data to triangulate many of the airway intersections which do not live on top of a VOR or an NBD.I particularly like the feature that allows you to enlarge the primary flight and engine instruments. This makes making climb outs and descents a lot easier on the eyes, as you keep the HSI centered monitor your attitude and set your engines using the N1% gauges. It also allows you to put the artificial horizon dead center on the monitor so you have a more pilot-centered view. I think the virtual cockpit is terrible by today's standards. The Falcon 50 freeware which is as old as FS2002 is much better. However, you spend so much time changing radio frequencies and setting courses, you don't spend much time in it.I would love an update for 2004 and would be willing to pay for a more interactive, better designed VC. Planes like the MAAM Mitchell, the GMAX Commander C115 and the recently released Cessna 310 have made me a convert - mainly because you can arrange a true pilot's perspective in the VC, and not the jump seat view so common in most FS2002 free and pay-ware planes. Colin