Sign in to follow this  
Guest fowler

Few issues - wanna read the manuals

Guest fowler

Hi there, just did my first flight with PMDG 744 on same route as I usually do with other airliners and noticed some issues :- Autothrust is not working before VNAV is engaged, that means I must adjust TKOF trust manually - full preflight done with FMC and Trust limit set and displaying on ECAM, Auto-throttle engaged ?- Altough I have no route discontinuity I can't engage LNAV until some 3 waypoints out in the SID - I suspect problem from importing flight plan from FSCommander tough, must probably try punching in all the data within the FMC (There are very smalls breaches in the route magenta line on the FMC which fills when I near them ?) - From TOD trough the descent to FAF aircraft is lagging more on more on the descent profile (up to +2'000FT difference) , no message DRAG REQUIRED on the FMC, I corrected this in flight by adding drag but I found strange as the FMC did calculate the TOD so should be OK without having to add drag (no speed/altitude constraint during the first part of the descent) In the second segment of descent I had a speed / altitude constraint and from the waypoint before it I had the ADD DRAG message, which I expected and dealt with quickly with some spoilers againSome minor things - Is there a way to get the OPT and MAX FL without having first to enter a CRZ FL ? (At the 2/3 page of VNAV) obviously before entering any FL we should consult the OPT and MAX and then pick-up a FL but if I don't enter any FL the OPT and MAX FL are not shown.I will do some troubleshooting with other flights but if anyone has some feedback on these points I would aprreciate.Way to Go PMDG and thanks for this beautie !MAX GUEVARA

//- Autothrust is not working before VNAV is engaged, that means I must adjust TKOF trust manually - full preflight done with FMC and Trust limit set and displaying on ECAM, Auto-throttle engaged ?MAX GUEVARA
Of course it

/ Leffe
Ok, I have to ask... Which is your name anyway, haha. I see Leif in your sig, but also that "/Leffe" all the time too. Just curious. :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ok, I have to ask... Which is your name anyway, haha. I see Leif in your sig, but also that "/Leffe" all the time too. Just curious. :(
Ok, I will still your curiosity Dan :-)....Leffe that

Hi Max, As you have noticed by now, the PMDG 747 is a very different animal from the CS offerings. Instead of trying to do things the CS way, can I suggest you get the PMDG tutorials and follow them step by step, using the pause button and the manuals to understand each stage. They will show you how to check properly for nav discontinuities and the other problems you faced.

Max, If you really are interested in flying the 747, as it