Sign in to follow this  
MMartinov

MD-11F, Active Sky Advanced and the S-Turns issue

Hi all! Sorry to bring this up again...My FSX, Active Sky Advanced and MD-11F were living together in happy harmony (excluding the Corrupted Textures Issue) until the famous S-Turns during cruise started.....I've seen this problem being discussed in the forums some time ago. I did not pay too much attention because I was not concerned about the plane flying straight line with my simulator.However since couple of flights with the MD-11 this problem started occurring and it is greatly annoying. I searched for solution in both PMDG and HiFi forums but I found only discussions without any particular solution up to date.Same time J41 is not affected by the S-Turns decease (why?..) If anyone can point me to the right solution, please let me know.Thanks

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Try using the weather smoothing options in registered version of FSUIPC. Seems to be the only thing that helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

...........registered version of FSUIPC..........
Shoot... That was something I'm trying to avoid for many years :)))))))))Looks like I'll give it a try at the end. Hope it will worth the efforts and the money.Thanks

Regards,

Nice!Works. Actually I'm wondering how I managed to live without FSUIPC until now :)There is some trimming I need to do though to make the winds work between FSUIPC and ASA (on take off the wind direction arrow on the MD-11 display was doing circles like crazy; later in the flight everything was smooth).Any ideas how should I configure both programs for a flawless operation?

Regards,

Turn off ASA smoothing and let FSUIPC do it:

Dan Downs KCRP

Agree, even HiFi recommends shutting off their smoothing when used with a registered FSUIPC

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks very much Dan!Appreciate your efforts.Will try these settings as you suggest.

Regards,