Sign in to follow this  
yankeeromeo

MegaSceneryEarth FSX

Hell Folks,I'm interested about MegaSceneryEarth for FSX and need some advices and/or reports about this products from peoplewho use it. What do you think about these sceneries ?Thanks for sharing your experience.Cheers,

My first purchase was the Tampa city pack and it is simply terrible. The color is very off and there are clouds on the ground all over the place. Secondly, the color changes drastically between tiles creating a very unrealistic appearance. I have also purchased the Salt Lake City pack and it on the other hand is excellent. Charlotte and New York are also both good.I do not care for the autogen with MegaSceneryEarth and remove the .agn files from the folders.Bottom line, the Florida titles are very wahsed out and of a very low quality. Some of the other titles are however quite good. Look carefully at the coverage area before you buy--if it looks washed out it probably is not very good.I have recently purchased some south Florida scenery from FlightSimDesigns and it blows the MegaScenery product out of the water in terms of quality.

Hello mcparr42,Thanks for your feedbacks. I have read that the textures are not "adaptable" to winter time for example, for Florida, i can understand, despite snow & ice exist in this state, seen very recently, is that not a problem for you ?I have to say that flying all the year long with the same season is not very good for me, what's about you ?Thnaks in advance.Cheers,

Hello mcparr42,Thanks for your feedbacks. I have read that the textures are not "adaptable" to winter time for example, for Florida, i can understand, despite snow & ice exist in this state, seen very recently, is that not a problem for you ?I have to say that flying all the year long with the same season is not very good for me, what's about you ?Thnaks in advance.Cheers,
It is all a matter of preference. Some like me prefer total reality in one season vs. a generic or simulated reality in all 4.You can with one step disable photoscenery in the fsx scenery manager and go back to the generics if you prefer another season.

My first purchase was the Tampa city pack and it is simply terrible. The color is very off and there are clouds on the ground all over the place. Secondly, the color changes drastically between tiles creating a very unrealistic appearance. I have also purchased the Salt Lake City pack and it on the other hand is excellent. Charlotte and New York are also both good.I do not care for the autogen with MegaSceneryEarth and remove the .agn files from the folders.Bottom line, the Florida titles are very wahsed out and of a very low quality. Some of the other titles are however quite good. Look carefully at the coverage area before you buy--if it looks washed out it probably is not very good.I have recently purchased some south Florida scenery from FlightSimDesigns and it blows the MegaScenery product out of the water in terms of quality.
Where can I find information on "FlightSimDesign"?Jim

Where can I find information on "FlightSimDesign"?Jim
Here, although its not much of a website.http://www.flightsimdesigns.com/This is their site. I shoud restate my earlier comment-- their scenery blows the MegaSceneryEarth stuff out of the water at least in Florida, and that is all they sell for the moment. The newest release is better now with night textures and water mapping (original version was day only). I am very happy. The textures are of great color and are very crisp with no cloud markings on the ground.I am also very happy with my MegaSceneryEarth SLC, CLT, and NYC, however I do miss the original MegaSceney products such as Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Hawaii, which in my opinion are the best photoscenery packages for the US due to the high res photo scenery along with proper and detailed autogen annotation.

Guest Theius

I think everyone hit the nail on the head. I have a couple sections of the Charlotte area. It is pretty neat to fly over your hometown and spot your house. Looks much better at higher altitudes though. Flying low, causes it to look pretty bad.I do NOT like how it is static and doesn't change with the seasons. Also at some airports, the default ground shows through the mega scenery causing a really ugly effect.I enjoyed it more for novelty then for practical purposes.

I think everyone hit the nail on the head. I have a couple sections of the Charlotte area. It is pretty neat to fly over your hometown and spot your house. Looks much better at higher altitudes though. Flying low, causes it to look pretty bad.I do NOT like how it is static and doesn't change with the seasons. Also at some airports, the default ground shows through the mega scenery causing a really ugly effect.I enjoyed it more for novelty then for practical purposes.
You might want to look at this and try the free demo:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=271710&hl=With two foot resolution it looks very good flying low.. :(

I have New York, Massachusets/Rhode Island, and the area around Chicago. I agree with what others have said about New York - it's pretty good, especially Long Island. The area around Chicago is hit and miss (the farm land to the west is quite nice). I don't care for Mass at all. The colors are poor, and there are quite a few clouds on the photo tiles.

Guest absh2003

I bought Central California scenery from MegaSceneryEarth and I am very disappointed with the product. The photoscenery is of very low quality and has a washed out look, especially at low level. Only one season, everything is unrealistically greenish, which happens in California only during a short period of spring. If you want to fly in mountain area in winter where everything should be covered with snow, original terrain in FSX looks way much better, no snow in MegaSceneryEarth. If you use the settings recommended during installation of the scenery files, the frame rate is unacceptably low. I expected much more for the price I paid. Waste of money.

You might want to look at this and try the free demo:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=271710&hl=With two foot resolution it looks very good flying low.. :(
Actually Geof it's 1 "meter" re-sampled to 2 "meter" from their product page at Flightsim Pilot Shop which is worse than default, but if you are happy that is all that matters. I've tried the samples and they were nice from altitude.

Best, Michael

KDFW

My sentiments echo others. I bought 1 tile of Florida (my home county, Volusia), for $7.50, and am glad I didn't buy more. Like someone else said above, it's neat to spot your house, and see buildings you recognize, but hey, you can do that in google earth for free. And that's exactly what this product looked like to me, it looked like google earth placed in all it's flat 2D glory over the ground. (actually, Google Earth was a lot more impressive)After installing FSGenesis (meshes), GEX & UTX, I uninstalled this Florida tile from megascenery earth, and have no desire to use it again or to buy anything else from them.