Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Spot view (default distance)?

Hello AllCan anybody tell me if there is a default distance for the spot view?In panel views you get 75-50-30 etc but in spot view it just seems to show how your aircraft is at the time.I use f1 view and (not sure if its f1 views fault)but sometimes i can get strangely elongated aircraft when loading or reloading them(perhaps something to do with F1s ability to zoom in and out using the the mouse scroll wheel).Its not a big deal,but i would like to be able reset to a default spot view distance.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest napamule

This the first thing you do after loading an aircraft. So get used to the 'Options\View Options' menu. The most important part is that you set zoom to 1X. ALWAYS, for ALL aircraft. Then you set distance (try 76 for Cessna, 66 for B206). Then you set your height (try 5 for Cessna and 6 for B206). The big iron will be 111 to 133 or so for distance, and 8 to 12 for height. Or set height to 0 and use hat switch to dial in height as needed, in air or ground.The zoom=1x is the key. It's not like the VC where you can use plus or minus. Any zoom will introduce parallax (distorted size/shape) which you describe. So that's it. Don't use plus or minus for LOCKED spot view-use 1x zoom. Don't have Locked view? You will if you UN-CHECK 'gradual transition'. Cheers.Chuck BNapamule

Are you using a saved flight?They will retain view info and carry it over when you re-start the flight.If you go the Create-a-Flight method, the initial spot view camera distance appears to be tied to the aircraft parking radius.The only way that I know this can be adjusted is using the "Aircraft Editor" in Afcad.If you need help with that, feel free to re-post.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks guys.As i said in my main post its not a real big deal,but all the same i will try some of your distance settings Chuck. I do use locked spot for my flights most of the time.(i will occasionally have a 'gradual transition' fix,but usually return to fixed)and i do like to zoom out in spot mode as well,but don't normally see any distortion of the aircrafts image.The distortion usually occurs when i load or reload a plane(in spot mode)it can sometimes appear VERY distorted or huge.Its simple to fix,i just zoom it out with F1view (scroll wheel on mouse)until till the aircraft is proportioned correctly.I am sure this F1 view thingy has something to do with this issue with its ability to zoom in and out with mouse scroll wheel.CHEERS Andy

Guest napamule

Joe,I don't need any help, but thanks. Being doing the adjustment since FS98 and specifically for helicopter flying. I'm used to it.Andy,I said 'Options/View Options' but it's 'View\View Options' (senior moment). I never did document the distance & height for the different aircraft, but it would be a worthy project for a rainy day. Don't know the 'F1+mouse scroll' thingee. I don't sound right to me. Have to try it. I just key the values in 'View Options' window and go. Why fight it. I get a kick of hitting the distance to what it should be. Always a challenge at every turn with FS. So I use it to have fun.Chuck BNapamule

Trust me Chuck, I know I can't help you.My post was in response to Andy's question, since you didn't answer it.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hey Andy I use that F1 view utility too, not sure if you've noticed but whenever you're in spot view and you roll that wheel your spot distance is changing, not just when you're looking at the airplane but in FSNav, the flight planner, the weather dialog, key assignments menu, etc. If you're noticing your airplane's all distorted when returning from a menu or something, I'll bet it's because you used your mousewheel to scroll through parking positions or something while you where there. I've gotten in the habit of switching to 2D before going into any of the menus or FSnav since F1 has no effect in 2D. If you do find your aircraft distorted because your spot distance is out of whack you should be able to reset it to default by reloading the aircraft. In fact if you put "RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT=65,11" in the [KEYBOARD_MAIN] section of your fs9.cfg you can reload with CTRL+SHIFT+A. If you don't like the default spot distance then you can edit the model's radius with the afcad aircraft editor as Joe said.Jim

Guest napamule

Joe,Quote: 'Trust me Chuck, I know I can't help you.' (Sounds personal to me..but then it could be MY fault?)Man, I did not know I was coming over that bad (as a simmer or a person). Wish I knew just what is wrong with me. A lot of people probably wonder the same thing. But for someone else to KNOW I am beyond repair, or help, is a shock. I thought I was trying to help, but I guess that is a sign of weakness, or wanting, or need. Heck I thought my response was 'in the ballpark', but I guess not. Forgive my trespasses and accept my apologies. No more posts from me.Chuck BNapamule

Joe,Quote: 'Trust me Chuck, I know I can't help you.' (Sounds personal to me..but then it could be MY fault?)Man, I did not know I was coming over that bad (as a simmer or a person). Wish I knew just what is wrong with me. A lot of people probably wonder the same thing. But for someone else to KNOW I am beyond repair, or help, is a shock. I thought I was trying to help, but I guess that is a sign of weakness, or wanting, or need. Heck I thought my response was 'in the ballpark', but I guess not. Forgive my trespasses and accept my apologies. No more posts from me.Chuck BNapamule
ChuckI hope you do keep posting.You have helped me a lot with my query.PS One of the well known problems with forum posts(e-mails to) is the message can often be mis-construed.(i am not sure of the science),but it is a well documented problem.Quite innocent posts can be completely misunderstood(something to do with humans needing eye contact,and to be able to read a persons subtle facial expressions( its all due to evolutionary complex thingies i believe) Anyways Enough of my long winded theorizingIam sure you and Joe can sort it out.I am also sure no offense was intended by either of you.Jim!Thanks for your tips concerning F1 view i am sure i had been doing what you described ie zooming in parking places etc.I will also try your config tips as well.PLUS!I didn't know you could reload an aircraft with Ctrl+Shift A either,so another useful tip too. PS F1 is a good little utility ,but as well as the zooming in spot mode problem,if you happen to be a VCockpit fan and like to fly by the VC you will also have problems using the scroll wheel for zooming if you also use it for some switches(you will find yourself zooming when you should be switching and vice versa)Cheers to All and may peace reign again in the forumsAndy :(

Man this is all freaking me out -- now there are TWO "Chuck B's" on the board! I'm not even sure what was so bad that was said herein, but I'm sure I'll get blamed SOMEHOW! :(