I've noticed that since I have installed the PMDG Voice version, the only thrust indications on the engine display that I get are"G/A" "Cont" and CRZ".Prior to this the sequence went "TO/GA" then "CLMB" then "CRZ" which is what I would expect after a normal departure.Please can anyone advise what I've done wrong or what I've missed in the manual (I HAVE looked again).ThanksRgdsLee

I've noticed that since I have installed the PMDG Voice version, the only thrust indications on the engine display that I get are"G/A" "Cont" and CRZ".Prior to this the sequence went "TO/GA" then "CLMB" then "CRZ" which is what I would expect after a normal departure.Please can anyone advise what I've done wrong or what I've missed in the manual (I HAVE looked again).ThanksRgdsLee
Hi Lee,Hard to say. You can see the demo FS2Crew PMDG takeoff video here.
Watch it in HD full screen and you can see the correct mode changes when the autothrottle is engaged.You might also want to ask the PMDG forum.Best,

Must have been something I was doing or not doing as it worked perfectly on the flight I have just done.Don't remember doing anything different though!Still, very smart program, bound to trip over itsself occasionally.RgdsLee

Must have been something I was doing or not doing as it worked perfectly on the flight I have just done.Don't remember doing anything different though!Still, very smart program, bound to trip over itsself occasionally.RgdsLee
Glad you appear to have it sorted!Cheers,

Guest stevepow
Watch it in HD full screen and you can see the correct mode changes when the autothrottle is engaged.You might also want to ask the PMDG forum.Best,
I have a question in the video I noticed that he said heading select then he said heading two five something it was then changed to that heading and the plane followed the heading but when I do it and I say heading select I see that the heading select is on when I have the copilot change the heading he does bit the plane stays in the same place the only time it will follow the heading is when I have him put it on auto pilot. So how come he is able to have his plane follow a heading by just using the heading select. But I have to have the auto pilot on in order for me to follow a heading??

Guest stevepow
I have a question in the video I noticed that he said heading select then he said heading two five something it was then changed to that heading and the plane followed the heading but when I do it and I say heading select I see that the heading select is on when I have the copilot change the heading he does bit the plane stays in the same place the only time it will follow the heading is when I have him put it on auto pilot. So how come he is able to have his plane follow a heading by just using the heading select. But I have to have the auto pilot on in order for me to follow a heading??

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but if the autopilot is not connected, YOU need to fly the plane :(If the flight director (pink crossbars) is on as it should be at this stage, when the copilot sets your requested heading, the vertical (roll) bar will deflect to guide you initiate a turn to the selected heading. You need to bank and turn as required to keep the crossbars centered.This goes for practically any plane with a flight director system.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Guest stevepow

Ok so what your saying is that in the video the pilot is actually flying the heading by hand. It lookslike that after he called for the new heading it looked as if the plane took over

Ok so what your saying is that in the video the pilot is actually flying the heading by hand. It lookslike that after he called for the new heading it looked as if the plane took over
Yes, he is flying the plane by hand, following the FD bar commands (or trying to :( ). It can be easily seen that the autopilot is disconnected at that point. He requests to switch it on around 4:05.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png