Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck_B

Making Labels for GoFlight, CH Switches, etc.

I'm really dissatisfied with the quality of labels made by my PC and laser printer for my cockpit hardware, mainly due to the fact that you're limited to the type of print medium available to the general public (paper, file labels, etc.) and/or the black ink in the cartridges does not deliver a clean, professional cockpit style label. I like the magnetic ones that came pre-printed with my GoFlight hardware, but they don't include several custom labels that I need for ProFlight Emulator and my other add on programs.I've been looking at label makers and label printers for a while, but I'm not sure if any of them will do any better than what I already have and which one would be the the best value for my money. I was looking at this one but I just don't know . . .<< http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PC-Connectab...4001&sr=1-9 >>Has anyone wrestled with this issue and come up with a way to make good looking, custom switch and button labels at home? Thanks for any input you may have. EDIT: Of course, I really prefer WHITE on BLACK lettering, so that is an issue too . . .

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I created a microsoft word document using a table with the exact measurements of the Go Flight labels. Each cell was coloured black and I used the Calibri font in white.I printed this out using a colour laser printer onto a single A4 sized label. I then cut out each individual label.Its time consuming, but the quality is great. I can send you the document if your want it.

I created a microsoft word document using a table with the exact measurements of the Go Flight labels. Each cell was coloured black and I used the Calibri font in white.I printed this out using a colour laser printer onto a single A4 sized label. I then cut out each individual label.Its time consuming, but the quality is great. I can send you the document if your want it.
THAT would be great Steveo38. I'll PM you my email address. Thank you my friend! (This is actually the best solution I could come up with too. After reading that this is the way you did it, I'm now confident that it will work just great!)