Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

737-800 views with 2D Panel

I have downloaded and installed yesterday both the 737-600/700 and 800/900. Should I have to install any update? The question has to see with the cockpit views with the 2D cockpit. While these views are normal for the 600/700 versions, with the 800 I only get black screens when I choose the view direction with the NUM keyboard. Only the 225

Guest Bonanzapilot
I have downloaded and installed yesterday both the 737-600/700 and 800/900. Should I have to install any update? The question has to see with the cockpit views with the 2D cockpit. While these views are normal for the 600/700 versions, with the 800 I only get black screens when I choose the view direction with the NUM keyboard. Only the 225

Guest Bonanzapilot
Domingos;There is a patch for the 800/900 and 600/700 series. There are some previous threads on this as well. I have had a very similar problem. I have never gotten the 800/900 to work consistently, but I use multiple monitors which I was told by support could be an issue.John
See this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...l=black+screensJohn

There is a patch for the 800/900 and 600/700 series.
Thanks John for your reply. Is that patch available at the PMDG site? I am using a single monitor, so there should be no special problem.Regards,Domingos

Thanks John for your reply. Is that patch available at the PMDG site? I am using a single monitor, so there should be no special problem.Regards,Domingos
If you just downloaded from PMDG then you should have the latest version. Sounds like the install didn't go correctly. I recommend that you uninstall and reinstall. Also if your using Vista or Win 7 you need to run the installer as Administrator.

Thanks George for your reply. I have a dual boot system, with XP for FS. So I will unistall (800/900 only?) and re-install.Regards,Domingos

Thanks George for your reply. I have a dual boot system, with XP for FS. So I will unistall (800/900 only?) and re-install.Regards,Domingos
I would uninstall the 800/900 first then the 600/700. Is this the only PMDG product you have? If so run the PMDG removal tool which you can download from here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra..._737_REMOVE.EXEThis should clean everything up and help to ensure a good installation.

I tried twice: in the first time I used the removal tool from PMDG, removed 800/900 and then 600/700. After reinstallation the result was exactly the same.So I uninstalled, but this time I used the uninstall available in the installer tool. Again first 800/900 and then 600/700. I used McAfee to clean the registry (in case it was necessary). Then I reinstalled, but the result is still the same: I only get the 225

I tried twice: in the first time I used the removal tool from PMDG, removed 800/900 and then 600/700. After reinstallation the result was exactly the same.So I uninstalled, but this time I used the uninstall available in the installer tool. Again first 800/900 and then 600/700. I used McAfee to clean the registry (in case it was necessary). Then I reinstalled, but the result is still the same: I only get the 225

I suggest you contact PMDG support. They should be able to provide further help.
I have already done that. Hope to have a solution!Regards,Domingos

I have already done that. Hope to have a solution!Regards,Domingos
Did you get an auto reply e-mail? If not there is a spam filter blocking somewhere and you need to use a different e-mail service.

Did you get an auto reply e-mail? If not there is a spam filter blocking somewhere and you need to use a different e-mail service.
Yes, I did get an automatic answer and a reply asking which version (panel) I was exactly loading. I have already replied, but did not get any further contact Thanks for caring.Regards,Domingos