Sign in to follow this  
Guest Theius

Eaglesoft Citation x v2.0 FSX

Guys, The Eaglesoft Citation X is quite a good aircraft, more details will come in the review but to give you an idea of how good it is, I just can't seem to stop flying it. Everyday you can find something new, as for the VC, I think Eaglesoft has something in the works that will make everyone happy, please check out their forums. :( ...

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Guys, The Eaglesoft Citation X is quite a good aircraft, more details will come in the review but to give you an idea of how good it is, I just can't seem to stop flying it. Everyday you can find something new, as for the VC, I think Eaglesoft has something in the works that will make everyone happy, please check out their forums. :( ...
While we don't quite understand the obsessions with VC's throughout the hobby we do pay attention.In early November we made the decision to "sweeten" the VC panel by having the FSX version rebuilt with the full compliment of 3D Knobs and Switches along with revised VC texture set.That work has been underway but has been slowed by the Holidays and the fact that the modelers wife has been undergoing a bank of medical tests.Therefore there is no set time frame for release of the free update to the FSX CX2.0 VC. Our primary concern is with the modelers personal situation. When that work is completed there will be an announcement made and current owners will be able to redownload and reinstall at no additional cost.PS. The modeler in question is authorized to take whatever time he needs so no "is it soup yet" questions will be answered.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

While we don't quite understand the obsessions with VC's throughout the hobby we do pay attention.In early November we made the decision to "sweeten" the VC panel by having the FSX version rebuilt with the full compliment of 3D Knobs and Switches along with revised VC texture set.When that work is completed there will be an announcement made and current owners all will be able to redownload and reinstall at no additional cost.
Does that mean it will cost more for people who haven't purchased it BECAUSE of the VC? Indeed the VC is the only reason I haven't purchased it.The obsessions with nice VC's is easily understood. The rest of FSX looks excellent, so why shouldn't the cockpit where you spend the whole flight look just as excellent? Many more people are using Track IR now as well. A 3-D type environment provides more immersion than a paper-looking 2D panel, especially with the use of TIR. Now, more than ever before, companies are making excellent looking and also well performing VC's. No more does appearance have to be sacrificed for performance. Though the advancement of hardware also has a lot to do with better performance.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Thats an absurd question and we've made no such statement.The crux of the matter is that we understand the desire for quality VC's, we just don't understand the "obsession" over them. A balanced view confirms that the VC is only one component in project as complex as this one. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thats an absurd question and we've made no such statement.
So can you answer my first question? I'd love to be the owner of a shiny new CJX in the future.You said that current owners wouldn't have to pay extra for the upgrade. Does that also apply to people who don't own it?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Already answered. We've never charged folks for free updates. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

May i add that the last update from them (That is free for current owners) adressed a lot of little issues. Now it

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Already answered. We've never charged folks for free updates. :(
Thanks! :( Well you can expect at least one more sale once the new VC is ready...

spacer.png

Does anyone else still have reversed FMS displays in the VC versus 2d and the keyboard entry method broken in 1.83?-Alex

Does anyone else still have reversed FMS displays in the VC versus 2d and the keyboard entry method broken in 1.83?-Alex
The reversed FMS Displays are a a part of the VC Sweetening process or a simple panel.cfg edit.The Keyboard entry method is not broken in Hotfix 1.83.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Keyboard entry works without issue. The problem you might be having is that our installer has issues updating the dll.xml file. See our support forums for a way to resolve this.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The reversed FMS Displays are a a part of the VC Sweetening process or a simple panel.cfg edit.The Keyboard entry method is not broken in Hotfix 1.83.
The keyboard entry method is indeed broken in Hotfix 1.83 if the installer doesn't get around to putting the Mindstar Hypergauge entry into the dll.xml file. AFAIK, the installer hasn't been fixed yet...I had to manually add the entry to dll.xml to make it work.Alex--go into ESDG's CX 2 pilot lounge forum and do a search for "Mindstar hypergauge" and the secret key to the Kingdom will be revealed to you. :( CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The keyboard entry method is indeed broken in Hotfix 1.83 if the installer doesn't get around to putting the Mindstar Hypergauge entry into the dll.xml file. AFAIK, the installer hasn't been fixed yet...I had to manually add the entry to dll.xml to make it work.Alex--go into ESDG's CX 2 pilot lounge forum and do a search for "Mindstar hypergauge" and the secret key to the Kingdom will be revealed to you. :( CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Ok... this is the type of post that is worded incorrectly and causes problems. The installer isn't broken, it's a commercial product made by another company and apparently has limitations/issues regarding file editing. Imagine you trying to get Honeywell to rewrite avionics software for just little ole you. Ain't gonna happen. So any installer issues are not on a list of 'getting fixed' because they're highly unlikely to fix it for just us. Nor is it realistic for anyone to expect or demand we fix the installer, after all it's not our software.We've provided a valid way to correct the issue until we can find a way to automate the process. Also... the keyboard input is not broken. Period. Miswording and/or misrepresenting something is not helping anyone and gives the absolute wrong impression.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... this is the type of post that is worded incorrectly and causes problems. The installer isn't broken, it's a commercial product made by another company and apparently has limitations/issues regarding file editing. Imagine you trying to get Honeywell to rewrite avionics software for just little ole you. Ain't gonna happen. So any installer issues are not on a list of 'getting fixed' because they're highly unlikely to fix it for just us. Nor is it realistic for anyone to expect or demand we fix the installer, after all it's not our software.We've provided a valid way to correct the issue until we can find a way to automate the process. Also... the keyboard input is not broken. Period. Miswording and/or misrepresenting something is not helping anyone and gives the absolute wrong impression.
Ed; No miswording or misrepresentation here. I did not say that the installer was broken. I did say that keyboard entry feature is indeed broken without the required xml.dll entry, which the installer does not make. Once the user does some research to find out about the problem, and then makes a manual edit of the xml.dll file, the problem is then fixed. But right now, the installer finishes up with an installation of the panel where the keyboard entry does not function (I call that broken), and there is nary a word in any of the included docs about the known issue. I understand that you can't quickly change commercial installer software. But there isn't a single word about this problem in a readme file or installation notes. A user has to go scouring the forums to find the answer...and that is something you CAN fix, right now today. So please, add some installation notes with detailed instructions on how to properly complete the installation in absence of an installer that does the job for you. Is it unreasonable for a customer to expect at least that?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Product Support Forums have answers. That's why we have them and that's why we refer folks to them.Bob, I answered this in our forum days ago in response to your post. The fix is noted in the forum and the installer issue is a WIP. Sheesh :(No amount of impatience on your or others part will change the facts. A WIP is in fact a WIP. Period.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png