Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Best light trainer category (opinions?)

Best light trainer category (opinions?)Always looking for that hidden jewel that has managed to elude me and while I do enjoy the wonderful airliners that are so plentiful these days I find myself more and more drawn to the lighter side of aviation, possibly because I miss it so much.I was compiling a list of my favorite light trainer, single engine and multi piston birds and here is what I

Guest jason2112

I don't know if you only consider freeware planes, but I'd say I have definitely learned the most about flying in RealAir Simulation's Siai-Marchetti SF.260. I use it to learn approaches, navigation, anything.A lot of times I fly it in combination with RealityXP's Garmin 530 GPS, in order to learn how to use this device. And I even combined the SF.260 with RealityXP's Jet Line 4, because I wanted to learn how to use these complex flight displays in a slow and friendly environment.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Guest Simicro

Hi,Volker is right, you cannot find a better light trainer than the SF260. It is suited for VFR and IFR. I fly that aircraft 90% of the time.Volker, do you have a Jetline 4 "retrofit" for the SF260 panel ?ThanksTony

Guest jason2112

Tony, I have created a panel.cfg that I can mail you. If you're interested, send a mail to volker@vjn.de.I created a "Lufthanse Flight Training" repaint for the SF.260 as well ;) It's the perfect light trainer for me ...VOlker :]

Cannot forget Fred Choates Piper Aztecs!The SF 260 is really nice, anything Rob Young tinkers with will fly like a champ, I guess I outta pick that one up.Any reason the Real Air Simulations website is down?

Guest jason2112

> Any reason the Real Air Simulations website is down?The website works as always for me, might be your connection?VOlker :]

Guest SoarPics

Though I don't own it, the Flight1 Cessna 152 looks nice.

Guest Beemer

Speaking of the SF260 - is it FS2004 ready?

Hi,I send you a e-mail so you please would send me these LH livery repaint and the panel JL4 retrofit? I'd love to train again with the SF260. Ah, I wrote the e-mail in german, cause I am a german like you.Great idea to refit it with the JL4!

Guest jason2112

I'll make a zip with a readme.txt and the needed modifications in the jl4 ini file tomorrow. I have received several requests for it and want to make it right.VOlker :]P.S.: Oh, and to add something to the original topic, the RealAirSimulations Cessna 172 modification is a must for every serious sim pilot, and it's freeware!

The RealAir Marchetti SF260 will be updated for FS2004 and very soon after FS2004's official release we will issue a free service release for all customers to bring full compatibility with the new version. At present the SF260 flies fine in FS2004, but we will tweak a few things to make it 100% compatible.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulationswww.realairsimulations.com

Guest jason2112

Great news, Rob, thank you so much!!!VOlker :]

I got the 152 a few days ago and I love it! It really feels like the lightweight aircraft it is, and it's a blast to fly. It doesn't go very fast, but then if you're just learning to fly, you need more time to make decisions anyway. And for some perverse reason, I've always loved the way the real one (and this one from Flight1) looks. Nice rear visibility too through that huge rear windscreen.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi,would you care to update me how you are proceeding with the task to zip together that stuff? You can upload it here in the AVSIM Library or I could do it, 'cause I have webspace to share.

Guest jason2112

Sorry, but I just came home ;) I'll try to send the package later this evening (MEST) to the people who requested it.VOlker :]