Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

FS Build 2.3

I've read all about FS Build and how awesome it is. I was just wondering if it can export flight plans/compatible to the PMDG MD-11? I have not seen the aircraft mentioned on the FS Build website, however I've seen a couple other PMDG aircraft mentioned there. Thank you

I've read all about FS Build and how awesome it is. I was just wondering if it can export flight plans/compatible to the PMDG MD-11? I have not seen the aircraft mentioned on the FS Build website, however I've seen a couple other PMDG aircraft mentioned there. Thank you
Short ans is yes, just select the PMDG 737

Rob Prest

I just purchased FS BUILd and attempted to try it out, of course problems already. When I try to send a flight plan for the MD-11, I select the pmdg 737 then generate flight plan. A message then comes up that fs build cannot creat the flight plan. what may i be doing wrong? when i try to select the proper path for the pmdg aircraft, there is no browse button on the options screen to do so.

Guest sixfourty

You have to browse to your FSX main directory, then FSBuild will automatically fill out the rest of the paths. You might need to run FSBuild as admin to be allowed to create files in the correct directoriesfsbuild.PNG

You have to browse to your FSX main directory, then FSBuild will automatically fill out the rest of the paths. You might need to run FSBuild as admin to be allowed to create files in the correct directoriesfsbuild.PNG
Well I just thought of something, I have FSX, is FS Build only for FS 2002/2004?

Guest sixfourty

No, I use fsbuild with FSX, works like a charm.

No, I use fsbuild with FSX, works like a charm.
ok that is good to hear the,. I have set the file path to the root fsx folder but still no joy, maybe i am doing something wrong. is this the correct folder fsx/ windows xp 64 bit):C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator Xwith this path, i get the err error still.

Guest kdundon
When you set that path you also have to save the settings. I think it's in the tab at the bottom. Make sure you click save settings then close fsbuild then start it again and it should be ok.
FSBuild is a great program and has its own forum. http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/ The web site also has tutorials. http://www.fsbuild.com/ there you will find a step by step tutorial on how to set up FSBUILD and you can download more info for your setup. Besides showing a path to FSX you also need to select the export destinations which is also under the options section. After that you need to save your settings. I highly recommend going over there and see what is up. Ken

I have another question about how FSbuild performs with MD-11, so I'll just use this topic since the subject is the same...I understand it is possible and also easy to export FS Build flight plans to PMDG MD-11. But is that all FS Build needs? So I can just go into the program, plan my flight (including fuel consuption, ETAs, weather and evertyhing) and export it to PMDG MD-11 with no problem? Is the compatibility OK?I'm unsafe about how realistic will my flight planning get with PMDG MD-11... Not a lot of posts about this around. I apreaciate the help!Thanks!

The rte flight plan files work in all FMS-based pmdg aircraft.I don't use FSBuild for anything but generating the flight plan in both MSFS pln and pmdg rte formats for ASX/ASA or REX and the aircraft.I don't use FSBuild either for the terminal procedures, just the enroute flight plan. I add the DP and STAR with the FMS using the latest Navigraph or my own custom SIDSTARs.I use the MD11's FMS for fuel planning, it's that good.

Dan Downs KCRP

newbie question: how do you use MD11's FMS for fuel planning?
Set up the flightplan, include wind forecasts, and enter an estimated amount of fuel. Check the fuel remaining at your destination forecast and see if that covers your contingency, alternate and legal (1hr) requirements. Increase or decrease your fuel estimate to arrive at the desired reserves. This FMS is a lot more accurate at forecasting fuel consumption that the one in the 747, it is very close or at least closer than most wind forecasts.

Dan Downs KCRP