Sign in to follow this  
Guest afong

Airlines callsign

Guest afong

Hi, After downloded JAL from PMDG web, how come tower doesn't call JAPANAIR? How to make it work calling the right airline? Best Regards. Alan Fong

Guest john_7377
Hi, After downloded JAL from PMDG web, how come tower doesn't call JAPANAIR? How to make it work calling the right airline? Best Regards. Alan Fong
if this has not been done, here's what you do1. Go to My computer2. Enter the following Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ Airlines 3. Open the Airlines icon4. After all the airlines listed, type JAPANAIR or whatever airline you want to be listedhope that helped

Guest afong
if this has not been done, here's what you do1. Go to My computer2. Enter the following Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ Airlines 3. Open the Airlines icon4. After all the airlines listed, type JAPANAIR or whatever airline you want to be listedhope that helped
Hi, Thank-you for your reply. It works, but it have to be call Japan Air instead of one word JAPANAIR. Many thanks. Best Regards, Alan Fong

Hi,Relating to the call sign issue, does anyone know where the list of actual call signs for airlines reside in FSX and how i could find the .wav files for each of those call signs? I am trying to modify/add/customise callsigns for some aircraft that are unusual(eg UN version of AN-32) and can't figure it out. Also is there a resource on the net that lists all the call signs for all the airlines? Thanks in advance.Alex C

Hi,Relating to the call sign issue, does anyone know where the list of actual call signs for airlines reside in FSX and how i could find the .wav files for each of those call signs? I am trying to modify/add/customise callsigns for some aircraft that are unusual(eg UN version of AN-32) and can't figure it out. Also is there a resource on the net that lists all the call signs for all the airlines? Thanks in advance.Alex C
Hi Alex, As Geoff stated, please sign your posts with your full name per forum rules, thanks.I don't think there is any easy way in FSX to just add a name, such as just adding needed text, but I use a great program called "EditVoicepack" to add all my airlines, including fictitious names, like Guinness, or PMDG etc... It's does a lot more than just add the names but has a slight learning curve (slight). But they also provide a tutorial to use it.It is free, but they gladly take donations.Here is the download page and here is the tutoiral page. The installer for FSX is 4.0 but the tutorial is for 3.1. You can follow it ok, but need to keep in mind it is a different version so some things are a little different.If you're familiar with sound wav editors at all, it will be a cake walk.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Alex,As Geoff stated, please sign your posts with your full name per forum rules, thanks.I don't think there is any easy way in FSX to just add a name, such as just adding needed text, but I use a great program called "EditVoicepack" to add all my airlines, including fictitious names, like Guinness, or PMDG etc... It's does a lot more than just add the names but has a slight learning curve (slight). But they also provide a tutorial to use it.It is free, but they gladly take donations.Here is the download page and here is the tutoiral page. The installer for FSX is 4.0 but the tutorial is for 3.1. You can follow it ok, but need to keep in mind it is a different version so some things are a little different.If you're familiar with sound wav editors at all, it will be a cake walk.Thanks for the help guys, I will check it out.Alex Chung

Hi Alex, As Geoff stated, please sign your posts with your full name per forum rules, thanks.I don't think there is any easy way in FSX to just add a name, such as just adding needed text, but I use a great program called "EditVoicepack" to add all my airlines, including fictitious names, like Guinness, or PMDG etc... It's does a lot more than just add the names but has a slight learning curve (slight). But they also provide a tutorial to use it.It is free, but they gladly take donations.Here is the download page and here is the tutoiral page. The installer for FSX is 4.0 but the tutorial is for 3.1. You can follow it ok, but need to keep in mind it is a different version so some things are a little different.If you're familiar with sound wav editors at all, it will be a cake walk.
Hi Dan,Great find. I just tried edit voice pack..Simple but very effective programRegards

Geoff Bryce

Hi Dan,Great find. I just tried edit voice pack..Simple but very effective programRegards
Yeah it's a well hidden program and I'm glad I found it when I did.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier