Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Cockpit bezel lines

XP 64 bit, 195.62 nvidia drivers, got some nasty bezel lines i never seen before after updating nvidia drivers, is there a quick fix, or is PMDG working on an update for this? As you can see in the following pictures, this "graphical glitch" presents a horrible looking cockpit. It takes away much of the enjoyment of flying the aircraft because the bezel lines moving everywhere have a tendency to make you nauseous when turning etc. I paid quite a bit of $$$ for this aircraft and I am not satisfied with the product. I have the 747, MD-11, and several other aircraft with extremely detailed VC cockpits and this is the only one with the problem. This also happens to be my favorite aircraft in FSX. It is virtually unflyable because as much as I have tried, i can't ignore the bezel lines

Do you have anti-aliasing turned on?I've never even noticed this.Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I'll add to Tom's comment, I've got no problems either and we certainly would have ######ed during beta testing if we saw it. You'll have to play with your settings, because the panel on this bird is stunning.

Dan Downs KCRP

What resolution are you running at. What's your level of Antialiasing? What's your level of anastrophic filtering?Usually cranking any one of these or all in combination solves this issue.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Yes the screen res could have something to do with it too. Manual states a minimum of 1280x1024, but I use 1680x1050 as it's the native resolution of my LCD monitor. I know from experience when I was trying to do a split screen of the tutorial PDF and FS that using a lower screen res (it changes when you change the size of the FS window) causes some undesirable effects on the panel.Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Yes the screen res could have something to do with it too. Manual states a minimum of 1280x1024, but I use 1680x1050 as it's the native resolution of my LCD monitor. I know from experience when I was trying to do a split screen of the tutorial PDF and FS that using a lower screen res (it changes when you change the size of the FS window) causes some undesirable effects on the panel.Regards,Tom Wright
First off, I bought this aircraft and had no bezel lines at all until I updated my nvidia drivers. I did what anyone would do, I rolled back my drivers, no joy. I deleted the J41 and reinstalled with the update, still the same thing. My resolution is 1440 X 900. I have a 19" LCD and that is the highest resolution possible. My nvidia control panel has been set to application controled, in FSX I use anti-aliasing with anisotropic filtering. I tweaked the nvidia control panel and set nvidia to user controlled with anti-aliasing to 16, super sampling on, anisotropic to 16, still no difference. I have read through the forum and there are several other customers with the very same problem. Am I just out of luck on this or will PMDG fix this?

Just rolled my drivers all the way back to 180.48, the bezel line problem is just as bad.

Am I just out of luck on this or will PMDG fix this?
I'm afraid there is nothing to fix. This is obviously a display issue. Are you running full screen? Windowed? Experiment with your settings. You had it working fine before so this is a system specific problem.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Iv'e always had this problem with this panel. When I initially installed the JS I noticed it & tried numerous settings & drivers including enhancer, none of which fixed it & I have learned to live with it so far. It's unfortunate as it does detract somewhat from a great aircraft. I have my screen resolution set to 1680 x 1050 which works fine for all my other aircraft. I saw some reference to it in another post & thought it was being looked at.If someone has a fix for it that would be great to hear. Ross Casey

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

This is a common problem and the only way, I believe, to solve it is by using supersampling AA which really hits your FPS hard. -Alex

As Vin hinted earlier, the aliasing and filtering adjustments are supposed to solve this problem. It's how you get lines to look smooth on a display that is pixelated.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've already experimented with using all anti-aliasing settings, anisotropic settings, and yes supersampling. I have 2 1gb video cards in sli so i didn't take much of a hit with AA set to 16, anisotropic 16, and supersampling, i've tried every possible combination to no avail. A good indicator is look at the top of the instrument panel dash board...it is ultra smooth as well as everything else in the cockpit EXCEPT the front instrument panel. when u zoom in close, it almost appears as if there is a extremely small gap in the textures around all of the 3d buttons, panel features and MFD's. i have other aircraft with very detailed 3d virtual cockpit features...i.e. cs 757, 767 etc with no bezel lines whatsoever. I think it might be in the coding or something.

I'm really a hardware novice, but I've read many times that dual cards do not do very well with MSFS. I don't know why, but maybe this is a clue.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm really a hardware novice, but I've read many times that dual cards do not do very well with MSFS. I don't know why, but maybe this is a clue.
I have (2) EVGA 9800 GTX+ each at 1GB of DDR3. I was running them on SLi mode, but after reading the last response I disabled sli and tried it out. result: bezel lines cleaned up alot but not entirely gone, but manageable now. the biggest thing was my performance increase. On one video card, i set antroscopic filtering to enhance application X8, supersampling, and antialiasing to 16...yes 16. result: drastic increase in FPS. have FSX SP2 which "supports" SLI, howver it appears the fli was actually slowing my performance on FSX, anyone have the same experience?

Yeah i was hoping my new rig would have got rid of the lines around the bezels but guess I need to tweak the settings some. Im only running a 9800gt with 512 on the card but 6 gigs on my mother board. I dont normally mess around with the graphic card settings but if i can be lessened then I guess ill give it a shot. I tried Nvidias beta drivers and it only made fsx really bad. Im also running in dx10 preview mode. I guess I will start by unchecking that. Oh im now running win7 64bit before that i was in XP pro 32bit. My frames did increase with win7 though.