Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Cockpit bezel lines

I have the same problem...and can't get rid of it.I have an excellent FSX rig with excellent frame rates.I do not have the problem with PMDG 747 or other aircraft.If the FS geeks can't solve the riddle, I suspect the problem is in the PMDG VC design.I think we need a patch.zach

If you are using nHancer, try setting the Anti-Alaising setting for your FSX profile to Supersampling 3X3 (or 4X4 if you have the horsepower). That worked for me with a GTX 275 with the latest nVidia drivers and Win7 64.Dave Webster

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

After several test flights under various weather and light conditions, the problem is still there. My methods of trying to reduce the bezel lines have reduced performance in this particular aircraft, but increased performance in others. I too agree we need a patch for this, it seems like the problem is wide spread. I think the problem resides somewhere in j42 sp1 or the new nvidia drivers, because when i updated both of those is when i went from an amazing cockpit to an unflyable aircraft. I remember when the md-11 had the horrible light shading problem in the cockpit for night lights, and it was fixed in an update, i think this can be fixed too, seeing the amount od money we paid for it, and we can't get a refund.

I do agree. I have exact the same problem! What we need is a patch or something to fix this. I have spent the whole Sunday today trying to fix this, but no. No sucsess!There must be a way to fix this... Please PMDG take a look at this and help us out here.Its such a shame, on a nice and accurate bird that is just awsome and stunning in all other aspects...RegardsPer St

If you are using nHancer, try setting the Anti-Alaising setting for your FSX profile to Supersampling 3X3 (or 4X4 if you have the horsepower). That worked for me with a GTX 275 with the latest nVidia drivers and Win7 64.Dave Webster
This works on my system (GTX 285) but it kills my framerate to the point that it's unusable. -Alex

From dictionary.com: bezel [bez-uhl]

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

From dictionary.com: bezel [bez-uhl]–noun 1. Also, basil. the diagonal face at the end of the blade of a chisel, or the like, leading to the edge. 2. Jewelry. a. that part of a ring, bracelet, etc., to which gems are attached. b. crown (def. 27). 3. a grooved ring or rim holding a gem, watch crystal, etc., in its setting. 4. Automotive. the part of a vehicle's bodywork that surrounds a light. The way you're using the word "bezel" doesn't seem to fit any of these definitions, and it seems to me that you're talking about "aliasing", which is the graphics card's rendering of angled lines as jagged edges, rather than smooth ones.As was discussed by other members of the development and beta teams, this is almost certainly a local issue, caused by the settings in your nVidia drivers. My advice is to dump the "latest" nVidia drivers and regress to the ones you had before, particularly if they provided better visuals. As has often been discussed on these forums, the latest video drivers are not necessarily the best for MSFS application. A search for Nick Needham's set-up posts would probably help you -- search for user "Nick_N".Let us know how you fare!
Actually the definition does include the trim around an instrument or even your monitor.Mike S.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Actually the definition does include the trim around an instrument or even your monitor.
Yes, it does. But that wasn't the way the word was being used. :(

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I rolled back to my orinalnal drivers which are over 2 years old, and increased my antialiasing to everything from x2 to x20. I used nhancer and set everything to recommended settings. Nothing fixed the issue. Can someone from the PMDG team test out the J41 cockpit on an XP system with the latest nvidia drivers? Judging from the responses to this post and other post of the same issue, this is a very widespread problem. Like I said I have many aircraft with very complex VC's and this is the only one with the lines.1: rolling back drivers/ fresh reinstall/ adjusting antialiasing does nothing.2: regarding use of bezel lines: thats why I provided the pictures3: if this can't be fixed I believe it is more than reasonable to give me a full refund.

I rolled back to my orinalnal drivers which are over 2 years old, and increased my antialiasing to everything from x2 to x20. I used nhancer and set everything to recommended settings. Nothing fixed the issue. Can someone from the PMDG team test out the J41 cockpit on an XP system with the latest nvidia drivers? Judging from the responses to this post and other post of the same issue, this is a very widespread problem. Like I said I have many aircraft with very complex VC's and this is the only one with the lines.1: rolling back drivers/ fresh reinstall/ adjusting antialiasing does nothing.2: regarding use of bezel lines: thats why I provided the pictures3: if this can't be fixed I believe it is more than reasonable to give me a full refund.
Totaly agree David!!!RegardsPer St

I too get these white squigely (is that a word?) lines around the guages. I have a tweaked system using NickN's setup guides for a few years along with nHancer and the nVidia 182.5 drivers. nHancer settings include the recommend AA Cominded 8xS and AF 16x.This 'bezel' problem is specific to this aircraft as it not expereienced on any other payware aircraft that I own using the exact same graphics settings.Asking me to change my AA settings for one aircraft is unreasonable when the issue is absolutely not noticed on anything else.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I am sorry you are disappointed, but I do not think it is reasonable to ask for a refund in this situation. In your own words, you had a perfectly satisfactory system to which you made changes. If the only change you made was to apply SP1 then perhaps it would be reasonable to think that it was the cause, but that wasn't the only change you made, was it? Even if it was, un-installing SP1 would put you back to a satisfactory system, so again, a refund seems extreme.

Oh I've tried uninstalling SP1, that had no effect. Also, I've tried every possible combination of solutions, and nothing worked. Just look at the pics on the post I used to open this discussion, that is totally unsatisfactory, it is like having antialiasing set to negative 20 if there was such a setting. I'm suprised PMDG isn't all over this issue...My computer is a mainstream gaming computer with updated drivers, no corrupted files etc., the fact that it is only the PMDG J41 with this issue is a clear indicator there is a texture issue maybe with the coding design etc. I have approx 40 add-on aircraft, this is THE ONLY ONE with the issue. It is as if the J41 is incompatible with Nvidia video cards?

Oh I've tried uninstalling SP1, that had no effect. Also, I've tried every possible combination of solutions, and nothing worked. Just look at the pics on the post I used to open this discussion, that is totally unsatisfactory, it is like having antialiasing set to negative 20 if there was such a setting. I'm suprised PMDG isn't all over this issue...My computer is a mainstream gaming computer with updated drivers, no corrupted files etc., the fact that it is only the PMDG J41 with this issue is a clear indicator there is a texture issue maybe with the coding design etc. I have approx 40 add-on aircraft, this is THE ONLY ONE with the issue. It is as if the J41 is incompatible with Nvidia video cards?
You had a satisfactory system which YOU changed. You know that the problem is not in pre-SP1 because that was satisfactory. Either you have not removed SP1, or SP1 is not the problem, would you agree?