Sign in to follow this  
warfox

X-Plane

Hello pilots!It's only a single question.As the Microsoft Flight Simulator development team isn't anymore working, don't you think to do a jump to X-Plane in a few years??If X-Plane would have a PMDG plane, i would do the change.Because, honestly, FSX is a Great Simulator, but also a very old one, that requires lots of comouter specs to run perfectly...Thank you for your attention.

I'm hoping that the soon-to-be-released CRJ will show that X-plane can be a viable market for PMDG and other payware groups.

Nathan

Heya Warfox,Please sign your full name to posts in the forum (real name), thanks.I never used X-Plane but have read about it allot lately and there are some things that I think are better than FSX, but the majority of it I think is better in FSX. Microsoft dropped it but I'm very doubtful that FS will not continue for many more X-quels. It really isn't that old, the biggest problem is not having it supported, they dropped support rather fast but they always do. I think one more SP would have gone a long way, but the main problems I think are the way its coded to rely so much on cpu's when there are tons of fsx features that could have been deligated solely to gpu power.But as you said, it would be more appealing if there were not only a pmdg AC, but other interested 3rd parties as well. I don't see it happening, at least not anytime soon. But like Nathan said, if more come to the table with planes like that, then I know a few will raise a brow :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Fom what i have understood the people from aces has started theyre own company and are working on FS11 as we speak nowJohan Ketting

There is no way a X-Plane addon would sell anywhere near as much as even a FS9 addon, let alone a FSX one.There just aren't enough X-Plane users for the majority of developers to justify spending the money developing for it.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Fom what i have understood the people from aces has started theyre own company and are working on FS11 as we speak nowJohan Ketting
Really? That's awesome.Source?

Guest UlfB
Source: http://www.cascadegamefoundry.com/Take a look at the press release section.Johan Ketting
Couldn't find anything about FS11. Did find this:
Think of SCUBA diving off Hawaii, traversing the Andes, hiking the Great Wall of China

That's right they don't say it but they do say they are into simulation and the team they got arent only from the former aces studio as well so it looks to me they are aiming at a big market with 1st shooter games and all of that kind So i reckon they gonna make all kind of games and stuff i sa what you replyed but don't forget what was above that.Flood, a former Microsoft Senior Program Manager with 15 years of industry experience, is excited about the possibilities.

Guest Callmecapt
There is no way a X-Plane addon would sell anywhere near as much as even a FS9 addon, let alone a FSX one.There just aren't enough X-Plane users for the majority of developers to justify spending the money developing for it.
What figures do you have to support these statements?I do agree with you but not to the extent you say. You make it sound like for every 10 copies of an add on gets sold for x plane, 10 000 get sold for FS9 and it's statements like this that turn people away from at least trying X Plane.I fly all 3 sims and they all have their negatives and positives. But at the end of the day, I know which one I prefer and it is purely a personal choice.But saying an X Plane add on won't sell anywhere near an FS9 add on is a pretty big statement to make without a substantiated source of stats.Goran

"Not only will Cascade Game Foundry address the significant hole in the simulation market left by Microsoft

Hello,Let's suppose that PMDG works on both X-Plane and FSX with the same cockpit interiors, details, systems and features, in which would you fly?Pau Daniel.

Hello,Let's suppose that PMDG works on both X-Plane and FSX with the same cockpit interiors, details, systems and features, in which would you fly?Pau Daniel.
FSX. Every time. X-Plane looks like FS2002.X-Plane really doesn't have that many followers. It has a select group of loud people on forums that make a lot of noise. That does not translate to a lot of users.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Source: http://www.cascadegamefoundry.com/Take a look at the press release section.Johan Ketting
It's going to take a lot of capital (read->money), time and effort to develop a next generation flight simulator as mature as FS or X-Plane. I believe X-Plane has been updating for over 15 years. Going back further, FLY! and FLY2! took years to create. IMHO it's going to be a while until FS and X-Plane have significant competition. On the positive side its good to see new efforts getting under way. :(

X-Plane really doesn't have that many followers. It has a select group of loud people on forums that make a lot of noise. That does not translate to a lot of users.
There just aren't enough X-Plane users for the majority of developers to justify spending the money developing for it.
First, you have no idea how many followers x-plane has and neither do I. I'm willing to bet my house that Austin doesn't report his sales figures to you. I'm confident it's nowhere near as large as the MSFS user base though so I agree with the point you intended to make. As far as your commentary about the majority of developers spending money developing for x-plane....I would agree with you; however, I only do so because I think the majority of developers do not have the knowledge base necessary for them to make a profit within a reasonable time frame. They would certainly spend lots of time learning how to develop for x-plane. x-plane will continue to grow steadily...better and better add-ons will become available...and more and more people will get involved...and just like anything, the early players (assuming they deliver) will have the most momentum. So while you're statements are generally true now, I don't think they will be in the future.