Sign in to follow this  
bdriggs

File corruption on newly added files

Greetings,I am familiar with the corruption problems on the old library files, but i fownloaded a newly posted file this morning (lvd_b763_american_ow_n395an.zip), and when I run WinZip to decompress, I get a file corrupt error (bad CRC 77b89c0c should be 01b040db). Any ideas on the cause, or could it be a problem with WinZip on my end?Thanks,Bruce RiggsKADS

Regards,

Bruce Riggs

KDFW

Greetings,I am familiar with the corruption problems on the old library files, but i fownloaded a newly posted file this morning (lvd_b763_american_ow_n395an.zip), and when I run WinZip to decompress, I get a file corrupt error (bad CRC 77b89c0c should be 01b040db). Any ideas on the cause, or could it be a problem with WinZip on my end?Thanks,Bruce RiggsKADS
Downloaded and unzipped without any issues for me. What Browser are you using?I use IE7. There are known issues with some alternate browsers such as Google Chrome. Try Firefox and see if that works properly.You might also try the fine freeware, open source zip utility named 7 Zip. I actually like it better than Win Zip which I have used for many, many years. You can check it out here: http://www.7-zip.org/

Downloaded and unzipped without any issues for me. What Browser are you using?I use IE7. There are known issues with some alternate browsers such as Google Chrome. Try Firefox and see if that works properly.You might also try the fine freeware, open source zip utility named 7 Zip. I actually like it better than Win Zip which I have used for many, many years. You can check it out here: http://www.7-zip.org/
Thanks a bunch! I tried 7-Zip, and it extracted just fine. Have to figure out what is wrong with my WinZip.Thanks,Bruce

Regards,

Bruce Riggs

KDFW

So, I have tried downloading other files - primarily the Nick Botamer Dreamfleet 727 repaints, and when I unzip, using 7-Zip or WinZip, I get CRC errors. I thought there might be some issue with my old WinXP PC, but I also downloaded on my fairly new work laptop, and when I transfer these files to my home PC and unzip, I get the same error -- anyone have ideas as to what is happening? I never had any Avsim issues prior to the hack.Thanks,.Bruce RiggsKADS

Thanks a bunch! I tried 7-Zip, and it extracted just fine. Have to figure out what is wrong with my WinZip.Thanks,Bruce

Regards,

Bruce Riggs

KDFW

So, I have tried downloading other files - primarily the Nick Botamer Dreamfleet 727 repaints, and when I unzip, using 7-Zip or WinZip, I get CRC errors. I thought there might be some issue with my old WinXP PC, but I also downloaded on my fairly new work laptop, and when I transfer these files to my home PC and unzip, I get the same error -- anyone have ideas as to what is happening? I never had any Avsim issues prior to the hack.Thanks,.Bruce RiggsKADS
I don't think you ever stated what Brower you are using. There are some issues with Google Chrome and a few others (not confined to Avsim I understand).

I don't think you ever stated what Brower you are using. There are some issues with Google Chrome and a few others (not confined to Avsim I understand).
I've tried it with the current Firefox version and IE7, getting the CRC error when I unzip regardless of which version I used to download the file.Bruce

Regards,

Bruce Riggs

KDFW