Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmstiger

ATI Eyefinity

Guest hmstiger

Been reviewing the specs of the Eyefinity feature of the new ATI cards - interested in upgrading to this as I am having trouble with my TH2GO Analogue version under Windows 7. Is anyone using Eyefinity, and, here is a dumb quesiton, but how do you connect the monitors. There are two conventional connectors - and what look like usb connectors. Curious how that works. Thanks!Colin

Guest hmstiger

Can you buy an adapter for that?

Guest smoothvirus
Can you buy an adapter for that?
Yes, but be sure to buy an active adapter. Dell sells them.

Hi,Those Active Adapters are expensive, about $100.00!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Colin, what kind of problems are you having with TH2G Analog under Windows 7? My Google searches indicate that this device should work just fine with Win 7 64 bit using the Vista 64 drivers. I'm about to make this OS upgrade from Vista 64 and would appreciate your feedback.Thanks,Robert

Colin, what kind of problems are you having with TH2G Analog under Windows 7? My Google searches indicate that this device should work just fine with Win 7 64 bit using the Vista 64 drivers. I'm about to make this OS upgrade from Vista 64 and would appreciate your feedback.Thanks,Robert
RobertI'm using TH2G digital edition with Windows 7 with no problems. I doubt the analog version will be any different. In fact, I'm using 4 monitors for FSX with this device (3 TH2G monitors and 1 secondary monitor to drag non-VC panels to).fb

Guest hmstiger
RobertI'm using TH2G digital edition with Windows 7 with no problems. I doubt the analog version will be any different. In fact, I'm using 4 monitors for FSX with this device (3 TH2G monitors and 1 secondary monitor to drag non-VC panels to).fb
Edited for clarity.The problem is small but annoying. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and starting up with the triple hooked in, nothing displays after the "starting windows" logo after the bios post messages on the center monitor. I have to unplug the TH2GO, plug in one of the monitors directly, and then, once I'm on the desktop I can re-connect the TH2GO and it works ok. The Matrox softward is cranky, but it does work. Any suggestions? I tried disabling a password log in wondering if that was the problem (no settings loaded that would work with the Matrox product) but no joy. Would love to solve this. I'm tired of getting on my hands knees to connect and re-connect monitors!Colin

Guest hmstiger
Edited for clarity.The problem is small but annoying. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, and starting up with the triple hooked in, nothing displays after the "starting windows" logo after the bios post messages on the center monitor. I have to unplug the TH2GO, plug in one of the monitors directly, and then, once I'm on the desktop I can re-connect the TH2GO and it works ok. The Matrox softward is cranky, but it does work. Any suggestions? I tried disabling a password log in wondering if that was the problem (no settings loaded that would work with the Matrox product) but no joy. Would love to solve this. I'm tired of getting on my hands knees to connect and re-connect monitors!Colin
I'm using an ATI video card - 4800 series I think.

nothing displays after the "starting windows" logo after the bios post messages on the center monitor. I have to unplug the TH2GO, plug in one of the monitors directly, and then, once I'm on the desktop I can re-connect the TH2GO and it works ok. The Matrox softward is cranky, but it does work.
I have the opposite problem -- nothing displays on the centre monitor until the Windows logon screen appears. Before that, just the tow outer monitors, as if it was configured as a two screen setup.Every time I try to dabble with the Matrox software, things just get worse - it's very unintuitive IMHO.I still haven't managed to make it work in 1050 res, despite following all the "guaranteed" methods on the Widescreen gaming forum.I'd consider trading it all in and getting a 5870. But I'd also need to buy new screens (the Dell active adapter is not available outside the US), which makes it a very expensive proposition.

Colin, sorry but no thoughts on how to solve your problem, except don't turn your machine off but once a week or so. Sounds like it might be a driver issue. Are you using the Matrox Vista 64 drivers, which are the ones recommended by various users on the boards? And have you tried different video card drivers? Robert

fbass,I've got the same setup as you do, except that I'm using the analog TH2G with 3-19 inch 5x4 monitors and 1-22 inch one for 2D gauges. Having that 4th monitor really does the trick. I was all set to upgrade to the digital TH2G and get 3 widescreen monitors as part of my Win 7 redo, but now I'm having some second thoughts, what with ATI and nVidia coming out with video cards that will support surround gaming. My inclination now is to wait a few months before redoing my monitors and see where this goes. BTW, is your 4th monitor off to the side - as mine is - or is it above or below the TH2G setup? I've been thinking about raising up the TH2G monitors and placing one or two monitors below it. I'm just not sure I want to be looking up for the outside view rather than straight ahead as now is the case.Thanks for your input.Robert

Guest Markl8

Im running 2 5870's crossfire in eyefinity with three Dell U2410 monitors at 5760x1200 and it is spectacular! I do know there are many folks having problems with these adapters and it can be frustrating so beware and it must be an active adapter not passive. You can run two regular DVI type monitors and one with a display port. Theres lots of good info at widescreengaming.com for any one interested.

Guest hmstiger
Im running 2 5870's crossfire in eyefinity with three Dell U2410 monitors at 5760x1200 and it is spectacular! I do know there are many folks having problems with these adapters and it can be frustrating so beware and it must be an active adapter not passive. You can run two regular DVI type monitors and one with a display port. Theres lots of good info at widescreengaming.com for any one interested.
Thanks for Widescreen Gaming info - will check it out.

Im running 2 5870's crossfire in eyefinity with three Dell U2410 monitors at 5760x1200 and it is spectacular!
I'm running eyefinity but am really disappointed in the lack of bezel management and the warping fish-eye look of the outside panels. Throws the whole look off. I use this maching also for iRacing which renders all three screens independently and accounts for the bezel/panel dimensions. It truely looks amazing and gives a real immersion quality to driving a race car. I'm not sure if the driver changes by ATI to do the bezel management could also clean up the outside monitor view. I suspect it would have to be in the FSX rendering engine. It really is hard to judge distances when looking at the side monitor and then having it be all different once it pops into the center screen ........................