Sign in to follow this  
Guest FsFlyer

How do i disable head movement in VC?

Guest FsFlyer

Hello folks,I picked up a copy of the 747x and i was wndering how can i COMPLETEY disable head movement whilst im in the cockpit ?i disabled the MomentumEffect in both instances of camera.cfgAlso i set all values of [DynamicHeadMovement] (in fsx.cfg) to 0.but it works fine in all airplanes except in the 747x.Would appreciae your assistance,Michael Paul.

Guest FsFlyer

Why am i not being assisted ?please help

Probably because there hasn't been a visitor in the past 19 hrs that knew the answer. I sure don't. I didn't bother with the camera.cfg files and the only place I have changed values is the same as you in the fsx.cfg file. Do you happen to have more than one fsx.cfg as in different users or default user?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,You need to edit your FSX.CFG file, normally located in C:\users\"PC username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX(Substitute your username)look for the section called [DynamicHeadMovement] and change all the numbers to zero, as below:[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000MaxHeadAngle=0.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.000000HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000If you can't find fsx.cfg, you might have to search your PC for it. It is a hidden file and the exact location depends on your OS version. I'm on Win7, which is teh example above.Kope this helps,Kind regards,Trev Meacham,Sydney, Australia

Guest FsFlyer

Thanks, Trev. i'll give it a shot