Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

J-41 freezes FSX or VISTA

Hi folks,I have worked with this aircraft quite a bit but have never gotten airborn. The screen simply freezes but never at the same spot twice, and I get the message that "Windows is restarting". I have a fast quad core system and very good graphics card. Anybody with similar problems?ThanksEric Olson

Eric, your message "windows is restarting"!!! Really? Windows is rebooting or is windows restarting FSX? Say type OS?

Dan Downs KCRP

Eric, your message "windows is restarting"!!! Really? Windows is rebooting or is windows restarting FSX? Say type OS?
Hi Dan,Thank you for getting back to me. Of course you are correct to ask the question....I should have been more careful. I have had it happen a couple more times and as I think you expected, it is FSX that is freezing which prompts Microsoft to to gather a bunch of information then FSX restarts on its own.Cheers,Eric Olson

Hi Dan and all,I checked and the XML.dll file is healthy and I have not purchased any of the troublesome products mentioned. However the J-41 continues its habit of randomly freezing FSX. Using the tutorial, I have gotten as far as FMC programmed, successful engine startup and partial taxi to the active before FSX gave up. Unfortunately I haven't succeeded at getting airborne before a freeze occurs. It's exasperating and I really need help to solve this one. Is anyone alse having similar experiences?Thanks,Eric Olson

Hi Dan and all,I checked and the XML.dll file is healthy and I have not purchased any of the troublesome products mentioned. However the J-41 continues its habit of randomly freezing FSX. Using the tutorial, I have gotten as far as FMC programmed, successful engine startup and partial taxi to the active before FSX gave up. Unfortunately I haven't succeeded at getting airborne before a freeze occurs. It's exasperating and I really need help to solve this one. Is anyone alse having similar experiences?Thanks,Eric Olson
Need more information: what's your hardware config including video card, OS and what add-ons are you using. Have you ensured all of your drivers correct for FSX?

Eric, the operating system error message should have a almost hidden link that when clicked opens another box or expands the current one with additional information about the error. We are looking for what's causing the application to stop responding such as fsx.exe or some dll. There are also system logs depending on your OS that provide this information.Another thing I gotta ask is are you getting CTDs for any flight, regardless of if it starts from create a flight or from a saved flight? Does it make a difference if you don't turn on the FMS?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,I haven't had time to run up the J-41 without programming the FMS but here are my specs.Computer specs.Pilot # 13942Vista PremiumSP1 and SP2FSUIPC4Explorer 84200 MB memoryNVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 [Display adapter2.33 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q820064 kilobyte primary memory cache2048 kilobyte secondary memory cacheCheers,Eric Olson

Dan,If you're still there. I think the freeze problem was associated somehow with the tutorial. That is where I had all my difficulties. Now making regular flights, I haven't had a repeat of the problem.Eric Olson

Hey, good to hear from you Eric. I've seen several threads that report having problems with the tutorial.

Dan Downs KCRP